Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print schedules without placing on sheets

Print schedules without placing on sheets

Currently, to print a schedule, you must first create a sheet and place the schedule on the sheet.  We use a lot of schedules to check various elements, parameters, etc.  It would be great to be able to print a schedule without having to first place it on a sheet.  Sure, you can make a generic sheet and just swap out schedules whenever you want to print one, but it's just a bunch of extra steps.

Right now I'm updating the View on Sheet parameter for all my details.  I have to use the same naming conventions for two buildings that are modeled in separate revit files.  It would be great to be able to just PDF the schedule with View on Sheet and View Names, for quick reference when working in the second building.  This is just one example of many uses for print/PDF'ing schedules without having to place them on sheets.

13 Comments

placing long schedule in a sheet is a very time consuming.

I have a long Bar bending schedule of a rebar.

And for me to print it in one time without filtering and sorting to fit into a sheet, I have to export it into excel. and this way I can print in one time.

I would like to enhance it In a way that in schedule is view in a sheet that can customize according to format and standards and automatically fit into a paper.

Tags (3)
adper27
Advocate

As I experience in Rc Detailing, because we have these 3rd party apps installed in AutoCAD. We usually export the BBS to Excel, although time consuming because you will sort it and present it organize. Then publish to PDF. 

pieter7
Advisor

This would be useful because the schedules are often included in a project manual / specbook, and the schedules are often many pages long.

It would help if we could print a schedule to say letter/A4 format and Revit would split up the schedule in as many pages as needed.

austin_moorarch
Advocate

I agree 100% and just wanted to comment that I think I've seen this idea posted before. If someone could search for the same topic and combine the votes, that would be great.

jbolin
Explorer

It would be beneficial if the schedule "cells" had a text wrap option.

pieter7
Advisor

@jbolin There is another Revit Idea for that: Schedules support multi-line input

jhohenwarter
Explorer
@austin_moorarch: I tried searching for this topic before I posted and couldn't find any existing posts - and was surprised by that!  So here it is.  If anyone else finds one, let me know and I can see about combining it.

pieter7
Advisor
bspaulding
Participant

Yes please!

BrunoR81
Contributor

That is a must. At my company we use archigrafix add on, to export schedules to PDF without placing into sheets. Per day we produce about 150 to 300 schedules and we export them into PDF. The only downside about Archigrafix is that you can't batch export so you have to export one by one. So Autodesk please find a way to batch  export schedules to PDF and XL.

Radish_G
Collaborator

That is a must

gerry4KN7C
Contributor

It would save a lot of time to print directly from schedules. I often print schedules that are really for internal reference and will not be in the cd's - but they are extremely useful for coordination. Currently either have to place on sheets or export to excel and print, which are two unnecessary and wasteful steps. ? 

capu57XX5R9
Contributor

Autodesk please add this, this suggested is 3.5 years old at this point so you have issued at least 3 updates since then.  Please allow us to directly print the schedule without having to print the sheet it is on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report