Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make sections moveable when using Design Options

Make sections moveable when using Design Options

I use different types of Sections, one of which I call Working Sections. I move these Sections as needed when I designing and documenting. But when using Design Options, Sections can't be moved. You can double click the Section Head to go to that view. As I'm designing in Design Options, when I want to look at a different part of the building, I have to exit the Design Option, so I can move the Section, then go back into the Design Option to continue. It's disruptive to work flow and thought process. Like so many things in Revit... It would be extremely useful to be able to move Sections while using Design Options. 

5 Comments
Mike.FORM
Advisor

Can you select the section if you uncheck "Active Only" in the status bar? I am currently not in a project that has any design options so I cannot quickly check.

MikeFORM_0-1718376363380.png

mpukas
Collaborator

@Mike.FORM That works! Thank you!!! 

mpukas
Collaborator

BUT... the Active Only box DOES NOT STAY Unchecked. After one command, the Check Box automatically checks itself again. WTF???!!! How is that possible???!!! How is that Autodesk thinks that a Check Box should default back it's factory setting after a user has modified it???!!! WTF???!!! 

Mike.FORM
Advisor

Agreed it is kind of annoying but its to stop users from leaving it unchecked by accident and moving stuff in the main model when you are working in the design option.

I would hate working in a design option and accidentally moving a bunch of modeled elements not in the design option and not realizing it.

If anything they just need to make it so there is an option in callouts that allows them to be selected not matter what option you are working in.

mpukas
Collaborator

Good point, understandable. And GREAT suggestion. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators