Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro Recording Function

Macro Recording Function

Loads of other software have Macro record functions, to automate repetitive actions that are required. why doesn't Revit do this to help speed up these mundane tasks?

4 Comments
GHASEM_ARIYANI
Advisor

Added tools such as Action record AutoCAD For Revit.

Or similar features repetitive tasks and save on all our projects.

yavork
Advocate
YZhuang_Spectech
Advocate

Currently, they have fancy keyboards and mice out there that allow you to press a button (to activate this tool), do something like create a sheet, then press the button again to deactivate the tool.

This tool then remembers the exact key strokes you pressed, and will continue to duplicate those keystrokes as long as its the last saved command. This allows for quick placement of lots of things.

For example, we currently have families that require 2-3 different tags, then based on how many tags are needed for that item, some moving is needed of the tags to clean them up so there is no overlapping. Using my keystroke keyboard, I press the button to activate the tool and then: I place my family, tag it 2-3 times, move the tags to their correct positioning, then finish of by pressing the keystroke button again so it saves those commands.

Now when i go to place my next identical family, i just need to left-click with my mouse, and it automatically remembers all the keystrokes above. This then automatically places my family, tags, and moves tags to their correct position that I placed them in saving me a ton of time seeing as we can have up to 60-70 of these particular families in a given project.

This then leads to saving me LOADS of time throughout the year. If Revit had a button that remembered your keystrokes in the same way, im sure there are MANY different repetitive functions that can make use of such a function rather than spending 100-200$ on the required mouse/keyboard that does this.

i wonder how is this still not a thing when they even implemented it to autocad already. Shame revit developers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report