Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Multiple files at one time with same shared coordinates

Link Multiple files at one time with same shared coordinates

Dear Autodesk,

Please allow us to add multiple links at one time, this is when links share the same shared coordinates system or insertion point.

We work on large scale projects with sometime 35-70 links, the files are nested with shared coordinates, When creating master plans or nesting the consultants files it would be fantastic if I could link in one go rather than having to link one at a time.

Even if the links needed to be moved to the correct internal location, linking multiple would save us time.

Thanks, and I hope others would love this function too!

5 Comments
MagedAhmad
Contributor

I could work on a plugin to do this work for you & add it Autodesk app store
if this idea really Brings some attention here, we will add it to our plugins queue

MagedAhmad
Contributor

Hello Again,
I've Released a plugin that does the requested feature

And I've made a free trial version available for 30 days
You can find it on the following link:
https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=1142876139771021219

For original poster Laura:

If this is what you need then I'll gift you a free full copy with no expiration date as the original idea poster

Check it and let me know your feedback and if it satisfies your needs on maged.ahmad@megara.co

laurasmagin
Collaborator

Hi MagedAhmad, I couldn't find a download button on the site you provided, only subscription options. I would really like to try this as it looks like it will do the function we are looking for.

Cheers

MagedAhmad
Contributor

Hello Laurasmagin,
Send an email to care@megara.co, Include the link to this page,
And mentioned your preferred Autodesk account email to be activated for this plugin,
We will send you a Free 6 month Subscription.

farhansam618
Explorer

Hello laurasmagin

you can use eneca link manager it's a free add-in for Revit to add multiple links and you can use this to repath the location of the link also.

Links Manager | Revit | Autodesk App Store

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report