Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix hatch pattern for slope floor!

Fix hatch pattern for slope floor!

This has been a problem for years!

When the floor is sloped, the pattern get's all wonky. Placing a filled region on top is a dumb way of doing it, if the profile change, you have to go update all the filled regions. We prefer to use the live model and not put a band-aid on top. 

ATran_1-1591974197700.png

Autodesk please fix!!

63 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a way to use model patterns (which give control of pattern origin and orientation) on non level floors that dont distort with the geometry.

When changing the fall of floors the patterns change angle with the triangulated geometry. This makes paving or tiling patterns very time consuming. Either requiring a second flat floor for paving pattern alone or adjusted every portion of the model pattern. 

Can the model patterns be instructed to ignore falls and be a uniform direction across a surface. Model Pattern Distortion.JPG

craigh_bim
Advocate

Not only this, but some of them change the angle. I've used distorted roof patterns and they change to curved lines instead of ortho lines.

Weird. This area definitely needs some love.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I work as architect and landscape designer and I usually need to adjust floor's slopes for outdoor areas.

when I change the slope of the floor, the pattern of the surface becomes a mess.

it would be great to have the opportunity to let the pattern being parallel to the  view instead of following (uncorrectly) the slope.

today to complete my outdoor's plans I have to create floors without pattern and than adding a region with the right pattern over... but obviuosly it's just an annotation and not a model issue.

thanks anyway

Tags (3)
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi did you find solution on this?

jmyr
Enthusiast

this is great, i hope to see this in the future 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the best way to solve this problem is to add a display parameter to the view properties: show floor slopes / simple floor pattern.
As we have it with showing parts of the walls in the view.

kizner
Community Visitor

for my opinion this option is very useful to me and must have in Revit . Even in Sketchup you have this option to adjust the pattern of mash faces to desired face orientation in one action.

Reutb
Explorer

Good idea! this will definitely ease the work of landscape and design architects.

lets hope Autodesk will fix this issue with next update .

nehama87
Contributor

do it do it do it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

YES PLEASE!!  Countless reasons why this is necessary.  I have had to make too many filled regions as a band-aid to this issue

Intuos5
Advisor

In general there is a need for UV mapping patterns to curved objects and also to terrain.

rbarbosa8DQGJ
Advocate

We also need a way to create hatch patterns in sheets, for little annotations, such as key plan.

Simon_Weel
Advisor

Something similar with patterns on stairs-treads. If a tread is, for example, trapezoid-shaped, the surface pattern aligns with one of the sides instead of perpendicular to the nosing line....

christopher_holden
Enthusiast

YES.

For crying out loud Autodesk, just fix your products will you? I consider this to be basic functionality that is broken not an additional feature request.

It should be possible to correctly align model hatch patterns on floors with modified subelements. This is essential for all external works and any internal floor with a fall on it - the arbitrary hatch alignment that appears when sub elements are modified is BROKEN since it was not explicitly set by the user and cannot be changed.

christopher_holden
Enthusiast

"We also need a way to create hatch patterns in sheets, for little annotations, such as key plan."

@rbarbosa8DQGJ 

You should use filled regions in a Legend View for Keys which can be placed on multiple sheets. But...

This is yet more broken stuff. If the floor family legend view worked correctly we would be able to drop floors into a legend view and set the view to something other than Section, ie: Plan, like doors and other family categories, which would then show the surface hatch patterns for a key directly. Sigh.

amir.amgad
Explorer

This is a very huge FLAW in revit especially for those trying to use this program for LANDSCAPE!! I have been battling with this issue for 6 years doing filled regions on top of floors which is double work and it hides Trees and Site furniture!! You really have to fix this AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

pieter1
Advisor

@kimberly.fuhrman  has a decision been made on whether this fix will be targeted to drafting or model patterns? 

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Hi, @pieter1 ,

As of right now, it hasn't been decided. Feedback would be most welcomed here and in the Preview Release.

Thank you!

Kimberly

Ra-X
Explorer

Strong +1 to curing the pattern distortions

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators