Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Patterns for Horizontal vs. Vertical Cuts

Different Patterns for Horizontal vs. Vertical Cuts

In the real world, materials often look vastly different when viewed from the side versus when viewed from above. Assigning two different patterns to cuts would show materials much more accurately. 

5 Comments
dgorsman
Consultant

@davidwilliamedwards - would you mind attaching a couple of examples?

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

In this case the vertical hatch could show the size of the brick with the grout and in plan just the common area hatch or could also show the size of the brick and grout for detailing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my old bosses loved to see metal stud hatch in floor plans (Due to his affinity for the way plans were hand-drafted in the past).  It worked great until we got to sections, in which he didn't want to see the hatch.  This idea would allow someone to do something like that, if they so chose.

I could see some instances like that which would warrant this implementation.

lionel.kai
Advisor

I think the problem I came across when I first started using Revit was with Glulams - I wanted to have the horizontal lines (at 1.5") when viewed from the side, but no lines when shown from the top. In my case, that wasn't much of an issue, but for anyone who wants to use Filters to try to work around this restriction, you're limited to Drafting patterns (no Model patterns in Filter overrides) - maybe there's another wish for that?

lionel.kai
Advisor

To enable Model patterns for Cut Patterns, see Use Model Pattern Type within Cut Pattern and #2 of Cut Pattern in Materials

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators