Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add visibility graphic option to toggle on void forms

Add visibility graphic option to toggle on void forms

Working with void forms can be frustrating at times, due to the lack of visibility. They can be hard to locate in projects and families and are often a chore to work with, requiring filtering to select. Adding a visibility option under the massing category to voids, would be extremely helpful to easily locate and manipulate void forms. 

Cheers 

7 Comments
iCs-tna
Enthusiast

VOID's don't own the parameter of visibilty. Adding this parameter to VOID's would give additional options to control families and give different appearence. Also it would make it possible to reduce amount of families for certain problems.

Visibility.JPG

awasyliw
Advocate

I'm not sure what benefit this would have. Hiding geometry doesn't change the effect of its interaction with other geometry. That's the reason that joined geometry shares a single visibility parameter, because family geometry interactions are not changed when things are turned on or off, it is purely a visibility action. 

Implementing this would require the entire way family geometry is calculated to be changed. I agree it'd be useful,m but it seems a huge ask.

nihalmehdi
Contributor

helpful suggestion.

It will be very good.

onuresen50
Advocate

Great suggestion, hope it'll be accepted

pieter1
Advisor

I think the idea would be that visible would turn the cutting on/off. 

That said, there's already a popular post requesting this: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/void-visibility-parameter/idi-p/6456982

wr.marshall
Advisor

When a Void cuts an object it disappears. Sometimes a modification is required on the void. Now there is a preview button at the bottom to turn visibility on/off. Perhaps add an option here to turn voids on/off. When turned on the voids even though cutting solids would be visible.

Tags (7)
wr.marshall
Advisor

Current View

cut1.PNG

Proposed view

cut2.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators