Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall reveals stop above door opening

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
eviele
2908 Views, 23 Replies

Wall reveals stop above door opening

Hi all,

Attached is an image showing how our reveals stop above the door. They didn't always do this, but we've recently changed the level elevations due to a change in grade.
Since that move and since fixing a few wall errors we now have the reveals stopping above the door. We're not sure why and I'm out of ideas, any advice to get our reveals to be continuous?

Thanks.
Eric
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
bsulliv
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for sending. But, I am needing to cut into a stacked wall, which is the root of the problem.
Message 22 of 24
bsulliv

Actually, this does work, I had to copy one of the families and paste it into the same place.... 2 of the same generic models in the same place, one cuts upper part of wall, the other for the lower.
Thanks for sending, this helps a lot.
Message 23 of 24
ToanDN
in reply to: bsulliv

@bsulliv wrote:
Thanks for sending. But, I am needing to cut into a stacked wall, which is the root of the problem.

Same approach works for basic walls and stacked walls.  It is the same file I sent, I just changed the wall to a stacked wall type and increase the depth of the void family to ensure it cut the layers.

You don't need to place multiple void family instances at the same location, just change the depth parameter.

ToanDN_0-1631553650013.png

Message 24 of 24
bsulliv

Excellent! Thanks for that option. The void generic family works a lot better than the reveal method. There is much more flexibility using the family. I'm even able to wrap the base back into the voids, using a sweep as the base for the stacked wall. I did need to split face within the void, and then paint with the proper material, which I'd much rather do instead of worrying about a reveal breaking anytime the wall moves. Thanks so very much.

3.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report