Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet parameter is not the same as title block parameter

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mobilis7TPTP
788 Views, 5 Replies

Sheet parameter is not the same as title block parameter

Hello,

Can somebody help me. I added a shared parameter called DRAFT. 
If i put YES in the parameter the text DRAFT should appear on the sheet heading. 
But it doesn't work, it only works if I first select the title block and then press it. 
And i can assure your, if you have 100 plans where you have to put draft on, you do not want to open every sheet, click on the title block and put the draft on. 
As you can see on the images underneath. The box on the sheet can be unchecked and DRAFT will still be placed, it's the box on the titel block that creates it. 
Anybody a sollucion? 

Screenshot_244.jpgScreenshot_243.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: mobilis7TPTP

• Create a visibility shared parameter called Show Draft
  • Create a label in the titleblock family, add the shared parameter to the list. Add a calculated value parameter and type in the formula:  if ( Show Draft, "DRAFT", " " )
  • Load the titleblock in the project
  • Add the shared parameter above to the project, assign to Sheets category
  • Now you can select a bunch of sheets in the browser, tick Show Draft box from properties, and the DRAFT will show on those sheets titleblocks
Message 3 of 6
syman2000

Is the draft parameter added long time ago or you recently added in? If you added in and have it check ON, it will set to that state as default. If you decided to check it off in the family and load it back into project, it won't respect your changes. One way I make this work is to select the family inside the project. You can right click on the titleblock and select all instance in entire project

syman2000_0-1638461132540.png

You should see in your properties number of titleblock in your project. You can check that DRAFT off.

syman2000_1-1638461212411.png

I would then set up global parameter so next time you can go to Manage>Global Parameter, you can turn ON/OFF the parameter and it will apply to all the titleblock you have selected

syman2000_3-1638461417251.png

syman2000_4-1638461491909.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

A demonstration of the approach I posed earlier.

ToanDN_0-1638465250903.png

ToanDN_1-1638465307705.png

ToanDN_2-1638465365898.png

ToanDN_3-1638465398454.png

Message 5 of 6
mobilis7TPTP

Thanks for the help! 

Message 6 of 6

Hey everyone,

Very helpful to see that I wasn't the only one loosing my mind over this. My solution was to just write a Dynamo Script which pulled information from the sheets and put it in the titleblock on that sheet. I select all sheets in the project browser to apply a specific parameter, then run the script to push the parameters into the titleblock.

Sheets - Update Graphics_2024-05-17_10-22-14.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report