Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2016 now slow to save to network share

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3420 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2016 now slow to save to network share

Hi,
I am a technician working for a company that uses Revit. Previously they were able to save their rvt flies within seconds over to a Windows server network share, but in the last week it now takes over 30 seconds and Revit will show "Not Responding".  We have tried disabling AntiVirus on both the server and the workstation, upgraded Revit to service pack 2, checked network speed by copying large files from the server to desktop and vice versa, and opening the rvt files are quick, and it is only on saving them even a very small change, takes far longer than it used to.

Does anyone have any idea where in Revit there might be a setting that could cause so much difference in saving files over the network?  It takes a couple of seconds to save to a local drive. I've also tried moving the files to another server, but had the same issue.

Any suggestions would be welcome, as I am new to supporting Revit, and out of ideas.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hello, you may may check it here some explantions maybe could help ypu. thanks

Click HERE

Click HERE

Click HERE

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Autodesk Vault.  Consider it.  Saves to network, checks out locally.  Performance issues go bye-bye.

It's really bad practice to work over a shared network folder.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report