Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance parameter length+count in Schedule

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4936 Views, 4 Replies

Instance parameter length+count in Schedule

hello,

i have this  simple pipe generic model family (attached) with a length as instance parameter.

now im placing the family several times in different lengths (the length is instance parameter because i need the grabbing snaps).

is there a way to show specific length parameter in the  generic model schedule? and also to count the total length of all the pipes in the project.

its probably very simple but i couldn't find a way.

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Use a Shared parameter for Length and you can add it to your schedule. To get the total, go to Format tab of the schedule, select Length field and choose Calculate Total, then go to Grouping tab and set the footer to report Total and Count.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

thanks for the quick answer,

i tried to make shared parameter of the length, but the problem is the shared parameter disable the option for instance parameter so all pipes are the same length and cant be adjustable with instance parameter.

how can i keep the length adjustable?

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN

You can set shared parameters to Instance or Type the same way you do to non-shared parameters.

Annotation 2018-12-02 134333.png

Message 5 of 5
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

and also to count the total length of all the pipes in the project.

Sure. Calculate Totals of Parameter Field and include it in Sorting and Grouping Tab and set as Header or Footer. 

Calculate Totals.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators