Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Swing Direction in Schedule

87 REPLIES 87
SOLVED
Message 1 of 88
Anonymous
16737 Views, 87 Replies

Door Swing Direction in Schedule

I spent the better part of the day on the web learning that Autodesk did not include the ability to include and update door swings automatically. I did find a few apps but before I spend any cash on them I am hoping someone here has some additional options I have overlooked.

Thanks

Todd

87 REPLIES 87
Message 81 of 88
joanka-k
in reply to: Anonymous

I know it's an old one but I hope I can get some help. I followed the instructions - added Door Set text project param, room calculation points, installed correct package, made sure the doors are not demolished in the same phase they were created in... - and still getting null from the custom node! Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 21.58.46.png

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 21.57.19.png

Message 82 of 88
mhiserZFHXS

Can you throw a watch node on each output for the "Door Set Handing" node? I don't think I've checked this recently, but I had issues with that node after one of the updates over the last year. It might not be reading the doors correctly and isn't outputting anything.

Message 83 of 88
ToanDN
in reply to: joanka-k

Share your model.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 84 of 88
joanka-k
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for the reply - Revit 2024 file attached. I couldn't get it to work there, but strangely enough I used the script on my work project (2022) and it worked great after I tried different Phase settings. Not sure if it's version incompatibility or some bug in the Phase node?

Message 85 of 88
mhiserZFHXS

@joanka-k wrote:

Thanks for the reply - Revit 2024 file attached. I couldn't get it to work there, but strangely enough I used the script on my work project (2022) and it worked great after I tried different Phase settings. Not sure if it's version incompatibility or some bug in the Phase node?

Right, I think something changed in the API in R23 or R24 where that node stopped working correctly. Make sure you have the most up-to-date package and see if it works then.

Message 86 of 88
ToanDN

@joanka-k wrote:

It works here.  Make sure you install archi-lab.net package and its dependency DynamoIronPython2.7.

ToanDN_0-1700686684967.png

ToanDN_0-1700686369412.png

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 87 of 88
luisPDAN6

I think there are some good inexpensive door swing apps out in the App Store that are maintained and provide consistent results and run much faster than Dynamo. Dynamo is fun, but if you have deadlines you cannot spend 1/2 day trying to fix and update a Dynamo script everytime Revit gets an update. 

Message 88 of 88
mhiserZFHXS
in reply to: luisPDAN6

@luisPDAN6 wrote:

I think there are some good inexpensive door swing apps out in the App Store that are maintained and provide consistent results and run much faster than Dynamo. Dynamo is fun, but if you have deadlines you cannot spend 1/2 day trying to fix and update a Dynamo script everytime Revit gets an update. 

Depends on how large a project is. Taking that half day could save a full days work. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators