Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Swing Direction in Schedule

87 REPLIES 87
SOLVED
Message 1 of 88
75ironhead
15119 Views, 87 Replies

Door Swing Direction in Schedule

I spent the better part of the day on the web learning that Autodesk did not include the ability to include and update door swings automatically. I did find a few apps but before I spend any cash on them I am hoping someone here has some additional options I have overlooked.

Thanks

Todd

87 REPLIES 87
Message 2 of 88
Anonymous
in reply to: 75ironhead

You can indicate the swing of door to a comment parameters box of a family or Better create a instant shared parameters and place the door swing as a comment. This way you can incorporate the swing door on your schedule to identify more easily.

You can also create a type for each family with respect to door swing.

Message 3 of 88
ToanDN

@75ironhead wrote:

I spent the better part of the day on the web learning that Autodesk did not include the ability to include and update door swings automatically. I did find a few apps but before I spend any cash on them I am hoping someone here has some additional options I have overlooked.

Thanks

Todd

This is already there.  You just need to turn on Room Calculation Point in Door families.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Message 4 of 88
75ironhead
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for the tips, since most of my projects have far too many doors that change often throughout the project I was hopeful for a fully automatic parameter, unless I’m still missing something with the example posted.

I use ACA which has the automated property set definitions I’m accustom to for door schedules. I’m sure I can find a work around or hopefully a similar function will be added to a future release.

Message 5 of 88
Sahay_R

@ToanDN so you created the Door Set parameter?

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 6 of 88
Sahay_R
in reply to: Sahay_R

....and also - did you just type in the RH and LH values? That's not particularly helpful.....

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 7 of 88
Sahay_R

Assa Abloy has a plug in called Opening Studio which does handing.

Untitled.png

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 8 of 88
ToanDN

@75ironhead wrote:

Thanks for the tips, since most of my projects have far too many doors that change often throughout the project I was hopeful for a fully automatic parameter, unless I’m still missing something with the example posted.

I use ACA which has the automated property set definitions I’m accustom to for door schedules. I’m sure I can find a work around or hopefully a similar function will be added to a future release.

It is fully automated.  You flip a door and the swing direction changes in schedule.

Message 9 of 88
ToanDN

@rsahayUZMK9 wrote:

....and also - did you just type in the RH and LH values? That's not particularly helpful.....

No.  I didn't type in anything.  Swing direction is automated by Revit itself.  Door Set Handing is automated by Dynamo.  They are different, just happened to be in the same schedule.

Message 10 of 88
Sahay_R

@ToanDN - Idiot proof directions, please - where did you get the door set parameter from, then?

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 11 of 88
ToanDN

Door Set is just an user created project parameter.  Run the Dynamo script and it fills itself with the right (not pun intended) handing value.

It has nothing to do with the Door swing direction, which, again, is already automated in Revit.

Capture.PNG

Message 12 of 88
Sahay_R

Oh Lordy. Dynamo again. Thank you, @ToanDN

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 13 of 88
75ironhead

I did play around with Dynamo a bit from another blog I found on the subject but it’s a bit beyond me for now.

Thanks for adding the dyn file I will check it out

Message 14 of 88
Viveka_CD

Great thread guys @Sahay_R@ToanDN , @Anonymousand @75ironhead

@75ironhead please try and let us know your result and please mark the solutions to benefit others.Smiley Happy

Dynamo sounds like lot of fun with all the automationRobot Happy

Regards,

Message 15 of 88
75ironhead

@ToanDN

It took me a while to locate the Dynamo packet needed for it to work for me but once loaded it works like a charm.

Thank you again!!!!

Todd

Message 16 of 88
Viveka_CD

@75ironhead glad to hear that!

Here is the Dynamo download link to benefit other users.

You can post to the dynamo forum for feedback too!

Regards,

Message 17 of 88
carmine.rago

Hi, does this works only with Doors that are placed in a space where a Room is been placed? This could be a limitation? 

Message 18 of 88
ToanDN
in reply to: carmine.rago

@carmine.rago wrote:

Hi, does this works only with Doors that are placed in a space where a Room is been placed? This could be a limitation? 

What is "this"?  If you are talking about the Dynamo solution then no, it doesn't need Rooms.  Rooms only needed when you want to show Doors with [From Room] or [To Room] parameter.  Door handing and Door swing direction are two different issues altogether.

Message 19 of 88
carmine.rago

You're right.. Door handing and Door swinging are two different things.. So actually how can Dynamo know if Door is Outward or Inward .. (Or actually, which is the difference between Left Handed and Left Handed Reversed?)

Message 20 of 88
ToanDN
in reply to: carmine.rago

@carmine.rago wrote:

So actually how can Dynamo know if Door is Outward or Inward .. (Or actually, which is the difference between Left Handed and Left Handed Reversed?)

That has got to do with the brilliance of the author of Dynamo node.  I only use the node to create a script and i cannot read python code.  On top of that, the door families must be modeled with the correct default handing in the first place.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report