Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event after a file has completely opened

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
NachitoMax
873 Views, 12 Replies

Event after a file has completely opened

Hi

I need to run a method after a drawing has completely opened. When a drawing opens, it takes a little bit of time to load the requirements, then you see the page appear and then finally, everything loads. (this can vary per drawing). Is there a method that gets called when the drawing has completely opened?

Thanks

Nacho

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

What do you mean with completely opened?

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 13

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015...

Run the "After Open" event trigger and add in a timed delay?

--------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K
Inventor 2018.2.3, Build 227 | Excel 2013+ VBA
ERP/CAD Communication | Custom Scripting
Machine Design | Process Optimization

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation
Vb.Net/VBA Programming: MSDN | Stackoverflow | Excel Object Model
Inventor API/VBA/Vb.Net Learning Resources: Forum Thread

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |
Run iLogic From VBA | Batch File Renaming| Continuous Pick/Rename Objects

Local Help: %PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Local Help

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type
Message 4 of 13

How long should this delay be defined.
Better is to know what your criteria is regarding the completely opened definition.

Like:
All views up to date.
Etcetera

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 5 of 13
NachitoMax
in reply to: NachitoMax

Hi

I'm actually only opening a blank template everytime. I have a function I need to call but the template must be completely open before it fires otherwise it doesn't work.

Cheers

Nacho

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 13
NachitoMax

I coouldnt seem to find any code samples showing how to invoke the after open event. How do I call it when the drawing opens and where to I place the code? Is there a drawingopen event?

I'm not doing this in ilogic, it's in vb.net

Cheers

Nacho

Nacho

EESignature

Message 7 of 13

You need to use the applicationevent, on document open event.

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 8 of 13

http://jprdintprev.autodesk.com/adn/servlet/devnote?siteID=4814862&id=5790168&linkID=4900577

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 9 of 13

Any questions left?

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 10 of 13
NachitoMax

Hi

Sorry, been well busy this past week..

I did a sample using the ApplicationEvent on document open bit it didn't seem to fire. I also set up a document change event with a simple msgbox("changed") to see if that worked and it didnt..

I'm not using illogic, currently testing in VBA and my tool will be in .net.

I'll look for some examples 🙂

Appreciate it

Nacho

Nacho

EESignature

Message 11 of 13

I can send you an example. It is not that complicated.

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 12 of 13

Hi

would you mind posting an example if you have the time? My code looks right but nothing happens at all. No errors, no function

Cheers

Nacho

EESignature

Message 13 of 13

Hi,

Please find the Application Add In event:

Imports Inventor
Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices
Imports Microsoft.Win32

Namespace InventorAddIn2
    <ProgIdAttribute("InventorAddIn2.StandardAddInServer"), _
    GuidAttribute("78ee7c88-8b32-4af9-801b-3d2925c7b66c")> _
    Public Class StandardAddInServer
        Implements Inventor.ApplicationAddInServer

' Inventor application object.
        Private m_inventorApplication As Inventor.Application
        Private m_ClientID As String

'Application events
        Private WithEvents m_inventorApplicationEvents As ApplicationEvents

#Region "ApplicationAddInServer Members"

Public ReadOnly Property InventorApplication As Inventor.Application
            Get
                Return m_inventorApplication
            End Get
        End Property

Public Sub Activate(ByVal addInSiteObject As Inventor.ApplicationAddInSite, ByVal firstTime As Boolean) Implements Inventor.ApplicationAddInServer.Activate

' This method is called by Inventor when it loads the AddIn.
            ' The AddInSiteObject provides access to the Inventor Application object.
            ' The FirstTime flag indicates if the AddIn is loaded for the first time.

' Initialize AddIn members.
            m_inventorApplication = addInSiteObject.Application
            m_ClientID = AddInGuid(GetType(StandardAddInServer))

m_inventorApplicationEvents = m_inventorApplication.ApplicationEvents

' TODO:  Add ApplicationAddInServer.Activate implementation.
            ' e.g. event initialization, command creation etc.

SetupUserInterface(addInSiteObject, firstTime, m_ClientID)

End Sub

Public Sub Deactivate() Implements Inventor.ApplicationAddInServer.Deactivate

' This method is called by Inventor when the AddIn is unloaded.
            ' The AddIn will be unloaded either manually by the user or
            ' when the Inventor session is terminated.

' TODO:  Add ApplicationAddInServer.Deactivate implementation

' Release objects.
            Marshal.ReleaseComObject(m_inventorApplication)
            m_inventorApplication = Nothing

System.GC.WaitForPendingFinalizers()
            System.GC.Collect()

End Sub

Public ReadOnly Property Automation() As Object Implements Inventor.ApplicationAddInServer.Automation

' This property is provided to allow the AddIn to expose an API 
            ' of its own to other programs. Typically, this  would be done by
            ' implementing the AddIn's API interface in a class and returning 
            ' that class object through this property.

Get
                Return Nothing
            End Get

End Property

Public Sub ExecuteCommand(ByVal commandID As Integer) Implements Inventor.ApplicationAddInServer.ExecuteCommand

' Note:this method is now obsolete, you should use the 
            ' ControlDefinition functionality for implementing commands.

End Sub

#End Region

Public Shared ReadOnly Property AddInGuid(ByVal t As Type) As String
            Get
                Dim guid As String = ""
                Try
                    Dim customAttributes() As Object = t.GetCustomAttributes(GetType(GuidAttribute), False)
                    Dim guidAttribute As GuidAttribute = CType(customAttributes(0), GuidAttribute)
                    guid = "{" + guidAttribute.Value.ToString() + "}"
                Finally
                    AddInGuid = guid
                End Try
            End Get
        End Property

Public Sub SetupUserInterface(ByVal addInSiteObject As Inventor.ApplicationAddInSite, ByVal firstTime As Boolean, ClientID As String)

End Sub

Private Sub m_inventorApplicationEvents_OnSaveDocument(DocumentObject As _Document, BeforeOrAfter As EventTimingEnum, Context As NameValueMap, ByRef HandlingCode As HandlingCodeEnum) Handles m_inventorApplicationEvents.OnSaveDocument

If BeforeOrAfter = EventTimingEnum.kBefore Then

MsgBox("before")

End If

If BeforeOrAfter = EventTimingEnum.kAfter Then

MsgBox("after")

End If
        End Sub
    End Class

End Namespace

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report