Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to request Autodesk Licensing a Consolidated floating License?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
YolandaRuiz
874 Views, 8 Replies

How to request Autodesk Licensing a Consolidated floating License?

Hi, I will like to work with your license support team and to request a 1 floating consolidated license that will host 8 company sites using 1 mac address/1 server.  These Autodesk licenses are restricted for client log ins using an option file and allowing clients connection using their IP address- IP addresses are entered in the option file under the designated country.  I need for Autodesk to assist on an updated consolidated file but the customer number is no longer accepting calls via phone number (1-866-681-4359). I have over 100 apps for these 3 countries and need help from Autodesk to generate this consolidated license. Please advise.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

@YolandaRuiz 

This is a user based forum and we can't assist you in your issue but..

What does your apps have to do with Autodesk licensing?

You can't take different companies and consolidated into a single license

In addition if you don't have a global license agreement with Autodesk you can't take license from one country and use it another country.

In the end I still don't have a clear understanding of what you're trying to accomplish here.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 9

[AMD Official Use Only - Internal Distribution Only]

HI,
How can I contact Autodesk licensing support? The phone number 1-866-681-4359 is no longer taking calls for customers to request and generate licenses.

Please note that I'm not trying to merge different companies into a consolidated license. There are 8 different locations that we want to use Autodesk licensing and the simple ask is to request Autodesk to generate 1 single license for all 8 locations. For example, users in Canada are NOT using licenses from USA-access is assigned and restricted by IP addresses-- only Canada users can access Canada licensing via this consolidated license.

Is there a new number where I can call and request this?

Message 4 of 9

@YolandaRuiz 

Again if you don't have a global license agreement with Autodesk you can't have different locations in the same license file.  Each location must have their own license manager and license file because the country code activation are different.

However I will bring in an Autodesk licensing expert @TravisNave and have him weigh in on this conversation.

Travis, the OP wants take different country locations of the same company and make a single license file and control it by an option file.   Is that even possible?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks Mark.  As you said, the customer would need to convert the licenses for Extra Territory Rights (ETR) to be in compliance.  You would not want to fail an audit on this. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 9
natasha.l
in reply to: YolandaRuiz

Hello @YolandaRuiz

Thank you for posting. I have routed your escalated post to the proper team they will need to review your contract information to determine the next steps. 

Message 7 of 9
YolandaRuiz
in reply to: natasha.l

[AMD Official Use Only - Internal Distribution Only]

Hi, Natasha:
Please note that Autodesk licensing has already done this request in the past.. I am attaching the last consolidated license that I requested (see attached). Now, I will like to update it to have Maya 2020, Motionbuilder 2020 and Mudbox 2020 and need to request the same request as attached.
Message 8 of 9

@YolandaRuiz 

Nothing attached but dont share your license file on a world wide public user forum. 

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 9
YolandaRuiz
in reply to: natasha.l

Thanks Natasha.. it will be good to know if I can send this request to customersupport@autodesk.com... Support was generated consolidated license for me in the past.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report