Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD/LT 2018 installation problem

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
pendean
4921 Views, 29 Replies

AutoCAD/LT 2018 installation problem

Win7Pro

Network and Local Admin rights with log-in

AutoCAD and LT 2018 installation files downloaded before the installation started.

AutoCAD 2018 installed just fine. No issues.

Restarted WIndows.

Logged in, Authorized it. works fine.

started AutoCAD LT 2018 installation. It refuses to complete installation, gets stuck at language packs. Log-file attached.

Tried "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" as well as logging in as a new user with admin rights, tried all the error1603 and error 1619 tips to no avail, same problem persists.

What am I missing? I plan on ignoring Otto by the way.

Capture.JPG

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: TravisNave

@TravisNave

I don't want to sound negative or being the first time I disagreed with you...  Smiley Very Happy

But I thought language packs can only be installed after the core product is installed...  Meaning the logs shows Acad LT installation being rolled back..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 22 of 30
TravisNave
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Correct, Mark.  So there's two ways to go about this:

1.  Modify the setup.ini to ignore the Language Pack failure and hope it works to prevent the rollback

#============================= ACAD LT Language Pack =============================
[ACADLT_LANGPACK]
PRODUCT_NAME=AutoCAD LT® 2018 Language Pack
EXE_PATH=%platform%\%lang%\acadlt\AcadLTLP\AcadLTLP.msi
EXE64_PATH=%platform%\%lang%\acadlt\AcadLTLP\AcadLTLP.msi
ADMIN_INSTALL=YES
IGNORE_FAILURE=YES
LOG=%tmp%\Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2018 LangPack Install.log

2.  Use task manager to kill the setup process after AutoCAD LT 2018 gets installed, so that the installer cannot initiate the rollback.

I guess you can also fake it in the registry, the keys should exist there before the rollback starts.  Smiley Very Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 23 of 30
pendean

After three separate 'fresh' downloads, I don't think it's it anymore.

AV is dead, as is everything else running in the background.

Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2018 LangPack Install.log is never created.

I'm going to try the SETUP.INI edit to add this at the Language Pack section
IGNORE_FAILURE=YES

My fingers aren't fast enough to do edit the registry that quickly 🙂
Message 24 of 30
pendean

@Mark.Lancaster @TravisNave A new failure, almost there before it rolled back

Capture.JPG

Tried this tip in the SETUP.INI in the Language Pack section

IGNORE_FAILURE=YES

It looks like that is what caused this 'allied' failure. So we can't do that anymore.

Zip of log files attached.

Open to other ideas.

Message 25 of 30
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: pendean

@pendean

I know that we thrown a lot of at you..  But can you run Microsoft Fixit and make sure the LT language package is not there..  Usually when you see that message about allied product means the language pack has already been installed.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 26 of 30
TravisNave

@pendean, I agree  with Mark that it is probably a remnant of a failed install.  I would first try to find it in the registry and delete the keys containing AutoCAD LT 2018 and the AutoCAD LT 2018 Language Pack - English from the regedit location here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\

Once you get to that key, just hit F3 and search for "AutoCAD" and that should get you enough to find the 2018 keys.  You'll want to get rid of all the 2018 stuff and then try to reinstall. 

Keep us posted on your findings.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 27 of 30
natasha.l

Hello @pendean,

You have received some great feedback, I will reach out to you on PM to provide some more and report back on our findings if we can resolve the issue.

Thank you.  

Message 28 of 30
pendean

INSERT EXPLETIVE HERE before admin deletes it 🙂

@TravisNave @Mark.Lancaster @natasha.l thank you for trying. While all the advice is top notch, it's all a repeat of previous replies, not much new is being added. Time for the nucular option!

On my lunch break I simply booted Windows into SafeMode with Network (and Microsoft Installer enabled): LT2018 installed fully in about 10-minutes. Reboot and all seems well. Whatever prevented LT2018 (but not R2018) from installing was halted apparently.

Moral of the story: LT2018 installer is indeed different from R2018's installer. Some errant SOB code that got caught up in something I have running on my PC I'm sure.

Good topic to revive my blog with... .

safemode.JPG

Message 29 of 30
natasha.l

Hello @pendean,

Woo hoo happy to hear it! That's great. Smiley Happy 

Message 30 of 30
a.canten

I work for Unilogic, a IT-service company in Holland.

One of our customers asked us to install AutoCAD 2018LT via the Administrative Image and our own Software Packaging System (Unilogic Packaging System).

I ran into exact the same issues as Dean Saadallah, and i think i have found the underlying reasons (and the weird solutions).

After reading this forum post and doing some Google search i didn't find any real answers, so i started to analyse the problem myself.

Via the SCCM commandline file the administrative setup generates i had the oppurtunity to reproduce the install the administrative setup does, only now from the commandline while disabling the 'silent' en 'quiet' feautures, so i could see the output.

The administrative setup does about 15+ installs in the background.

I ran into 3 underlying reasons the administrative setup has, without any apropiate error handling (it seems just to stop at a moment):

1. One of the installers actually gives the feedback that the explorer.exe should be closed. Now you should expect that closing the Windows Explorer windows will do the job (just like some Adobe installers require), but that didnt work. After looking into the PID the setup said it wanted to be closed, i found it was the explorer.exe as System (thus the System Shell). I just killed exactly that PID (the las explorer.exe that was running) and the same setup came up with the next error, see item 2.

2. The same installer spawned a error, that the proces (PID) of the Windows Task Manager should not be running while executing the setup. Again, i followed up the error and suggested solution and killed exactly that PID (Taskmanager).

3. After item 1 and 2 all install commands finished succesfully, but at the last item (the streamed update) i again ran into an error.

The last item (the AutoCAD update streamed within the administrative install) has a wrong path in it. It expects the update starts from the path it was downloaded (c:\temp in our case) while building the administrative image. When we deploy the administrative image, we copy it to our own directory structure, resulting in a other working direct (c:\unilogic\installers\007731). Normally all paths should be relative, so if the working directory is ok, everything should be fine. In the case of the streamed update in the administrative image, the path is nog relative but absolute, so when you deploy the administrative image on another system where it was build an you use another working directory it failes.

Solutions we applied, so we can deploy AutoCAD 2018LT whitout 'hanging'

1. Kill all explorer.exe processes before installing the administrative image, after the install is finished, spawn the explorer.exe againg (so the user has its System shell - The Windows start button, Tray icons, etc back)

2. Check for a taskmgr.exe process, if it exists, kill all taskmgr.exe processes before installing the administrative image.

3. Copy the update (AutoCAD_LT_2018.0.1_Update_32bit.exe in our case) to the directory the administrative expects its in (the absolute path).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report