Revit Hints and Hacks: Schedules for Notes

Schedules for text.jpg

In a Community Conversation about schedules I shared that I use schedules for general notes in my project templates. Since I showed it quick, I told those attending that I would share it in detail here.

Start a new schedule under the View tab.

donniataborhanson_0-1648212809920.png

In the New Schedule dialog box I use Mass as what I am scheduling because we never use Masses. Select the style of Schedule keys and then give it a name in the Key name: spot.

donniataborhanson_1-1648212809924.png

Next the Schedule Properties dialog box comes up where, in my case, it shows any Project Parameters that has already been assigned to masses. Use the New Parameter button to add another parameter. In Available fields: there are two previous Foodservice parameters I have used when selecting masses.

donniataborhanson_2-1648212809929.png

This brings up the Parameter Properties dialog box where you will be adding a new Project Parameter to the project. Make sure to choose Text in the Type of Parameter: section.

donniataborhanson_3-1648212809934.png

Now you will have a key name and a note field to work with. Press OK to when done.

donniataborhanson_4-1648212809937.png

Use the Insert Data Row to add to your note count.

donniataborhanson_5-1648212809946.png

You can now put in your notes and you can also choose your key name format. You put each Key Name individually unless you want the default numbers only. If you want to mix things up with both letters and numbers, you can. This alone makes it very different from using text notes where you cannot change formatting within your notes.

donniataborhanson_6-1648212809948.png

Under Appearance if you uncheck Show Title and Show Headers you get just your notes when placed on a sheet. You could also go as far as removing the Grid lines: as well.

donniataborhanson_7-1648212809952.png

When placed on a sheet the widths of the columns can be adjusted using the little triangles at the top.

donniataborhanson_8-1648212809954.png

Final on this schedule looks like this.

donniataborhanson_9-1648212809958.png

Using this method for things like abbreviations it is nice to be able to use the break line to divide our notes into more than one segment because it acts like a schedule and not text.

donniataborhanson_10-1648212809962.png

These are just the types of things that can be added to your note sheet in your template and then only do it once.

If you missed the Community Conversation on Revit Hints & Hacks – Schedule Families with Donnia Tabor-Hanson can be found here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-conversations/revit-hints-amp-hacks-schedule-families-with-...

Donnia Tabor-Hanson aka CADMama

3 Comments