Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Licensing Causes Network Crash??

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
388 Views, 5 Replies

Network Licensing Causes Network Crash??

Hi, Since installing AutoCAD 2015 we've noticed a severe downturn in performance despite the fact that 2014 ran fine and a RAM upgrade on all machines. We've tried borrowing licenses, localizing files and disconnecting from our network which seems to solve all the problems but obviously isn't an option for the whole office! Does anyone know any reason why 2015 should have such an impact on our network or am I looking in the wrong area? I know in past releases that the Network License Manager seemed to slow down most networks but I thought this had been done away with. Is it possible that our Network licenses are causing this? Thanks, Robbo
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

If it works with your network disconnected, I would start there.

Here's what has always worked for me in these situations:

1.  Disable Digital Signature Icons.  Right-click your AutoCAD icon and it should be an option on your context menu.  Uncheck the box, reboot.

2.  Clear your %TEMP% folder.  Delete everything in here that you can.

3.  Check for mapped drives that are disconnected or invalid.  Clear or fix these.

4.  Check for offline or invalid network printers.  Clear or fix these.

5.  Run this registry fix (attached) that helps to ignore issues with broken links, invalid shortcuts, etc.  I run this on every computer in my enterprise.  You are welcomed to use it.

Generally speaking, following these steps usually creates a better overall experience with AutoCAD. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis, I'll give it a go!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Unfortunately this issue is still rattling on. Is it something Autodesk are aware of as an issue with 2015? or is it our system? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Message 5 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

I would have to think it is unique to your system.  2015, having been out for a year now, would have a widespread issue with this if it affected everyone.  There must be some sort of conflict in particular with your system. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks Travis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report