Did you mean: 

ATI Radeon HD Graphics Card Question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1864 Views, 2 Replies

ATI Radeon HD Graphics Card Question

Hi All,

I am looking into a computer and the graphics card options that I have are between a 1GB ATI Radeon 5450 or a 1GB ATI Radeon 5670. Does anyone have any suggestions on this selection or should I try and find different video cards?

Thanks alot for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Well the 5670 is better.. and should be fine for most small to medium assemblies. I'd pass on the 5450

If you have some very large assemblies or need to have multiple assemblies open I would opt for a card with 2G of memory (like the HD5870 2G option)

I really like my ATI HD 5870 1G but might can see the need for more video RAM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

In house we say that ATI stands for "Always Trashes Inventor."  Typically Radeon cards are video game cards, so if you are planning on doing 3D work, you might want to lean towards the FireGL or the nVidia line of video cards (whose WHQL certified drivers are easy to obtain.)

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report