Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new Suite lost my ACAD licenses

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
LyleHardin
860 Views, 3 Replies

Adding new Suite lost my ACAD licenses

We just upgraded our Revit Structure Suite to a Building Design Suite. When I put the license data into our license file, it effectively removed all my plain AutoCAD licenses. I got a lot of phone calls over then next couple hours.... Anyway, I've looked and looked and I'm wondering if I need to update our FlexLM on the server. I can't find any information on it.

Or, is something just wrong with the license file?

Thanks,

Lyle.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: LyleHardin

You may have combined the license file incorrectly.  Does your FlexLM status enquiry show that you still have vanilla licenses available?  Keep in mind that the cascading has changed with AutoCAD in the 2012 suites.

Try running your .LIC file thru this parser and see if it looks right to you:

http://www.licenseparser.com/

For faster responses concerning Autodesk licensing issues, please post your questions in the Installation and Network Licensing user forum here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
LyleHardin
in reply to: TravisNave

Neat, thanks for the licensparser.com tip. I ran it on my license file and it gives me the following errors, but I don't really know what to do about it.

----------

Warnings and Errors
Warning: The number of increments in the file is not consistent with the number of increments reported.

Increment Information
There are no increments in this license file. An Increment represents one product, for example AutoCAD 2010 or AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009.

-----------

To answer your question, yes, FlexLM reports that my 11 AutoCADs are available, but 0 are in use. I have 2 Building design suites (2 licenses, 2 available and that is right). It seems the 2 Building design suites are taking over the AutoCADs.

I thought there was a licensing forum, but I couldn't find it in the list of forums, so I put the topic here. Thanks for the link.

Lyle.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: LyleHardin

No problem.  We'll get you fixed. 

Continued here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Adding-new-Suite-lost-my-Vanilla-AutoCADs/m-p/3...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report