Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 on BootCamp Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
505 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2014 on BootCamp Issue

I've been trying to install Revit 2014 for a few months now on my MacBook Pro Retina 15" running Windows 7 Enterprise through BootCamp. The program installs fine (I've tried a few since i thought this was my first issue), but when i attempt to run the program it flickers terribly then locks up. Is there any work around to getting it to work correctly, or am I missing something?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Revit is pretty graphic intensive.  In my opinion it has surpassed the graphic requirements of Inventor.  Since Bootcamp is essentially a virtual machine, you might not have much luck with obtaining the proper graphic driver support.  You might just have to install it on a native PC with a real video card. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
hrm3

1st Bootcamp is not a virtual machine.  

2nd I'm running Revit 2014 just fine on a windows 7 installation on Bootcamp on a late model MacbookPro 15"  and haven't noticed any flickering. Make sure you're running the latest version bootcamp which includes the latest drivers provided by Apple.  

are you using Revit on the laptop only or with external screen as well?  what resolution settings are you using in windows?  Also make sure your copy of Revit is fully up to date with the latest patches and service packs. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hrm3

I'm running the latest macbook pro 15 " retina with a dedicated graphics card, the latest bootcamp and drivers and am still having issues. My friends with older Macs do not have an issue.

Message 5 of 5
JAtwell11

I have had the same problem with installing revit via windows/bootcamp on 2 new macbooks with the retina display but have never had an issue with my older mac.  Is ther anyway to resove this? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report