Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Riddle of the Day! Cascading

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
warrenandy
422 Views, 1 Reply

Riddle of the Day! Cascading

Alright I promise this is the last time I redo my servers for a long, long time...

I am building the finial license file now and getting ready to roll out full 2013 to all my users. With 2013 now having electrical I now have a math problem as follows:

Train "A" has ~ 58 Seats of Autodesk software for ~ 138 people. ~20 people are admin so no CAD and another 40 use it to view and print once a month. I have plenty of seats for the rest of the staff (right now) but I have a mix of users. So ~60 users using 60 seats…

Users 

40% Electrical

30% Inventor

30% AutoCAD Mechanical / AutoCAD

Licenses

24 AutoCAD Electrical

7 Product Design Suite Standard

18 Product Design Suite Premium

1 Product Design Suite Ultimate

6 Factory Design Suite Standard

1 Factory Design Suite Premium

1 Factory Design Suite Ultimate

Smiley Wink

REAL QUESTION:

Should I install AutoCAD Electrical on the Electrical Engineers computers or should I install Product Design Suite on everything and let the LM take care of it?

Wow even i should have cought that sp error, sorry...

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: warrenandy

It would be easier just to install the suite.  That way when they open two of the same product line on the suite, it will still only use one license.  That's my recommendation.  It will save you from having to create a billion different deployments. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report