Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2012 Network License issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BrianForeman7947
505 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2012 Network License issue

Can someone help me trouble shoot my problem.  We have a single network license of AutoCAD Electrical 2012 that worked previously.  I set up several different PCs with the software and verified each was working several months ago.  Each system worked just fine.

Now, the entire department has completed basic AutoCAD Electrical training.  When we returned, I found the license is no longer working on any machine.  Every attempt to start AutoCAD Electrical results in the same error.  First, the system asks for the location of the license file or the license file server, then returns a message that "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager."  Error [-15.570.0]

The strange thing is the Vault software uses the same license file and it still works on ALL systems.  When I started this, I created a single license file for both packages and it worked fine for both products.  Now, when everyone wants to practice AutoCAD Electrical, the program won't start properly.

Any ideas how to start troubleshooting?

PS:  I did try stopping and restarting the license server, but it had no effect.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JTBWorld
in reply to: BrianForeman7947

First step is to run LMTOOLS.exe and select the Server Status tab and click on Perform Status Enquiry. See if any errors shows up there.

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 3 of 3

Vault licenses are checked out by the ADMS server, not the client.  So clearly that server has access to the NLM.  Typically the -15 is usually caused by firewall blocking ports 2080 and 27000, or IPv6. 

Post the status results here to validate your Electrical licenses are working.  And also PING the server from your clients and make sure you are getting the correct IPv4 address.

You can also check for firewall port blocking by using Internet Explorer (only) via the following URLs:

http://servername:2080

http://servername:27000

Just replace servername with the hostname of your NLM server.  You should get a jargon response similar to this:

Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60

If you get a 'Page cannot be Displayed' error, then you have no connectivity.

Let us know the results.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report