Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 Deployment Erroring out

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
andrew.warren
199 Views, 3 Replies

2010 Deployment Erroring out

I have a user who is trying to make the deployment for 2010. When it gets to the MCAD portion (1 1/2 hour in to it) he gets an error. It finishes and rolls back. He looked at the log and it says something about not being able to create a ACM...Something....msi file.

I am trying to get the exact log now, but it sounds like permissions to me. He has full rights to his 32-bit machine and full access but not admin to the SAN it is going on. He is trying to make a 64-bit install. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Andy

BC Consulting
Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: andrew.warren

I do not believe you can make a 64-bit deployment from a 32-bit machine due to the erroneous fact that the deployment checks the host machine's properties. However, I have not tried this in 2010 yet. I do know that the user will need write access to the share on the SAN via the UNC path as well as the folder/file permissions that the share lives on.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4

I was thinking they fixed this in 2009?
Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 4 of 4

It was old fateful... You would think an IT Admin for 1,000+ users would know to turn off Anti-virus Software...
Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report