Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended video cards for laptop running Inventor 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kingsburyInc
744 Views, 2 Replies

Recommended video cards for laptop running Inventor 2012

I am looking to upgrade my laptop since the one that i currently have has major issues running the inventor 2012.

I went to the autodesk website to see what video cards they recommend for running 2012 and they have nothing for mobile video cards on their recommended list. So i have come here to see what others would suggest. I looked and the Nvidia Quadro list and then looked at their mobil counterparts if they had one. I just don't want to spend a lot of money and this still not work correctly. Thanks for your suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: kingsburyInc

I strongly disagree with the discussion admin who moved this thread here-- you are not likely to get more useful responses here, because this is a specifically Inventor question.

That said, you need to say a lot more about how you use Inventor-- a graphics card that is adequate for small to medium assemblies may not work at all for very large ones, or very complex parts.  Also, for Inventor, you need not limit yourself to Quadro cards.  Their extra cost is generally not justified for Inventor, since Inventor does not use OpenGL.

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: kingsburyInc

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/cert?siteID=123112&id=16391880&results=1&product_group=12&suite...

You will want to make sure you run a WHQL certified driver with your nVidia card. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report