Announcements
Welcome to the Upchain Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make the workflow task flags useable

Make the workflow task flags useable

This has been an issue for as long as I've been making CRs - when an attribute check fails in a CR workflow, the chevron flags that come up are unreasonably difficult to make sense of and use. In the below screenshot, an attribute check has failed.

imckenzieY7CGY_0-1698426810982.png

Which attribute on which item? Good question, I can't tell at all from this.

In theory you're supposed to be able to mouse over the flag and get a box that gives more detail, but however the sensitive mouseover region is defined, it's completely inconsistent. Sometimes you get the box, most of the time you can't, and clicking on the flag does nothing. 

When I get an error like this, I want to be able to quickly figure out exactly what's wrong with what item. Ideally, the information of what's wrong could be paired with a method of quickly navigating to the offending item to be fixed (navigating through long BOMs in CR/CNs is also unreasonably difficult - why can't Ctrl-F work? I know my item names/numbers, just let me go directly to the next instance of them in the BOM without wearing out my scroll wheel). 

Yes, there's the tasks view, but that requires navigating away from the BOM view where I need to be to actually fix the issue.

Potentially as a quick fix, this crammed area could be optionally opened up in a new window that doesn't require leaving the BOM view? That could at least address the readability issue, but something needs to be done about navigation through the BOM as well. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report