Announcements
Welcome to the Upchain Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download items from the plugin inconsistency

Download items from the plugin inconsistency

A user with a professional license set in the Lead Mechanical Designer role cannot download items from the initial Advanced Search area in the plugin:

Kendra_Smith6BG8T_0-1698421461465.png

However, the part is available to download in the cBOM area

I understand there are special permissions applied to floating items and behaviors in the Advance search results, but it is confusing that users can still download the item in Details > cBOM even though it is not initially available for download

4 Comments
PualQuek
Autodesk

Hi @Kendra_Smith6BG8T,

Just to clarity on the request, is the illustration indicating that the item name "1" with item number "300001360" is a floating item? Is the primary role a "Lead Mechanical Designer" and are there other Secondary roles assigned to the user?

If you could provide me with the plugin version, it will help with the investigation. 

Thanks,
Paul
Principal  User Experience Designer (Upchain)  

Kendra_Smith6BG8T
Participant

@PualQuekYes, that is indicating the floating item. The user has the primary role as Lead Mechanical Designer and had a secondary role of Mechanical Designer. However, when we tested internally we had a user set with only the Lead Mechanical Designer role and they were experiencing the same issue. They were using the plugin version 23.3.0.5943. Thanks!

PualQuek
Autodesk

Thanks @Kendra_Smith6BG8T .

I have done some internal testing and will get the team to investigate further. It would be beneficial for us if you could also provide me with additional details on how the Floating Item was created as our testing use-case might differs from yours.

Regards,
Paul
Principal  User Experience Designer (Upchain)  

Kendra_Smith6BG8T
Participant

@PualQuekI'm not sure when in the process the items were created, but the customer stated after searching for the files they were buried in an imported PCBA file. They removed them and uploaded their data again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report