Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST TENSIONING REVIT FAMILY

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
5698 Views, 12 Replies

POST TENSIONING REVIT FAMILY

Hi all,

I am after some post tensioning families. Any idea where I can find them from?

I am modeling this PT slab which has straight tendons, so I don't need to use plugins like Sofistik or any complex methods for creating them. A straight rebar would do the job. 

However I need some families to show the anchorages of the PT system. 

Any help, would be appreciated. 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Tom_Kunsman
in reply to: Anonymous

If you look around the internet you will see that there are very, very few floating out there. The best ones I have seen people do not want to share the family, which I totally understand. The complexity comes from the number of "drapes" that the tendon might have - which depends on framing and rebar placement.

If you don't need the drapes it is an easy thing to make. 

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 13
ovidiu_paunescu

Hi @Anonymous 

You can use rebar (free form or shape driven) to model the tendons and Rebar Couplers to model the anchorages.

Rebar Couplers can have any geometry defined in the family and automatically align to the end of bars.

Free form rebar can have any geometry and can be generated manually by defining some structural host with the desired shape or by using dynamo to directly create the tendons from generated curves.

Defining the bars manually has the benefit that bars automatically adjust when adjusting that custom host.

Here's a simple model in place example of this with bars following the spline face and couplers as anchorages.

Tendons.png

Ovidiu Paunescu, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Sr. Product Owner | Autodesk Revit

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: ovidiu_paunescu

Hi @ovidiu_paunescu 

Thank you for the response. I created the PT live end using the coupler family as you suggested and I am happy with the result.

ana86XJ2_0-1598605282990.png

(Picture 1)

The only problem now is that it looks like plan in the sections, instead of showing from side (I am assuming is a property of coupler family). Any ideas how I can change that?

Picture 2: How it currently looks like in the section

Picture 3: How I expect it to look like

ana86XJ2_1-1598605473005.png

(Picture 2)

PT Live end.PNG

(Picture 3)

Message 5 of 13
zaheer_zedcon

That's look awesome can you please send me the family here my mail ID: hussainsam44@gmail.com

Message 6 of 13
davidpenilo

any chance you could send me this too? pretty please!! robbenronaldo@gmail.com
Message 7 of 13
davidpenilo

any chance you could send me this too? pretty please! robbenronaldo@gmail.com

Message 8 of 13

Hi @ovidiu_paunescu

I've come across this thread when I was looking for a way to model banded PT cables and I had a question on how one would go about modeling the splayed ends for cables.

Draping seems relatively straight forward, but when cables start "traveling" upwards on the drape and have to spread out to match anchorage spacing at the slab edge, it becomes quite unmanageable for me. 

Any ideas/pointers?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 13
tytheara104

how i get this family sir..?

Message 10 of 13
trantu2002us

Could you show family Pan, live, dead and coupler? Thank you so much👌

Message 11 of 13
preetham_kaja

Hi great for your efforts for Live Ends you prepared a coupler family then what about Dead End? Did you prepare Dead Lockbubble? For LOD 450 level of working you have to update chairbars. Also, one question, you should duplicate a number of strands in this Tendon Coupler family as per the required number of strands. Are you working accordingly??                                       

Message 12 of 13
Abe728282

Can I get this family?

Here is my email Abe728282@gmail.com

Message 13 of 13

Hi sir, how can I get your family ? Please contact to my email: anhduc2569@gmail.com. Thank you so much !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report