Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model in Place is not cutting as per view range

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
2134 Views, 1 Reply

Model in Place is not cutting as per view range

I just modeled structural stairs in place (I defined it as a floor so I can joint with the floors easier), but the stair is not cutting as per view range and I'm seeing the whole stair (for ex: in the 2nd floor plan I can see the stair from the basement) see the screen shots... any ideas how to fix this? thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

Have a look at the view range behaviour (HERE). Elements can behave differently depending on the chosen family category.

Excerpt from the link:

Elements Below the Bottom Clip Plane and Within the View Depth

Elements within the view depth are drawn using the <Beyond> line style regardless of the element's category.

Exceptions: Floors, structural floors, stairs, and ramps located outside the view range use an adjusted range that is 4 feet (about 1.22 meters) below the bottom of the primary range. Within this adjusted range, the elements are drawn using the projection line weight for the category. If they exist outside this adjusted range but within the view depth, these elements are drawn using the <Beyond> line style.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report