Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Text

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
943 Views, 1 Reply

Hidden Text

Hey everyone

I have an odd text style that somehow got into our base project files and it does not match our standards. I have tried a lot to locate them with no luck. If I try to select all instances, there is only the one I made to select in the first place. I have used Ideate explorer and it cannot find it either. As a test to pinpoint them, I deleted all views, sheets, legends, and schedules. There are no detail groups or model groups. I deleted almost all the families and the ones that were left were walls, stairs or other things that needed to stay. I purged everything I could but it is still there.

My only conclusion is that it is hidden in a setting somewhere. I have checked all schedule view templates because that is the only place I know of that has a slot for choosing a text type (in the appearance tab). Does anyone else know of a list they could point me to that explains every location that text can be selected from a menu of sorts? Can it be in any other view templates? Could it be in a "Revit links" display setting? In a filter?

I figure I will probably just move all the text from a different text type to that odd one, alter the properties to match standards., and delete the original type. But I'd still like to know where this thorn is so it doesn't cause problems in the future.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

it tried this and it works:

-I created a text using the ODD type

-select all instances > in entire project (6 texts from different unknown views were selected)

-then I changed the text type to a standard text type which is used in this project.

-then using the purge unused I selected this type of text then delete

it's working perfectly...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report