Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't miter steel. Help

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
ERWIN-S
563 Views, 14 Replies

I can't miter steel. Help

Hello i can't miter the steel? Please see the attach video. Thank you

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
ennujozlagam
in reply to: ERWIN-S

is something like this? thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 15
ERWIN-S
in reply to: ennujozlagam

After isolate category i can't click my Ref Plane
Message 4 of 15
ennujozlagam

use tab in your keyboard to select

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 15
ERWIN-S

I already click ref plane, i open it in floor plan so that ref plane can clickable right? it will not work if i do it in 3d then i press top?

after i follow the video this is the error. Please see the attach photo

23.PNG

Message 6 of 15
ennujozlagam

post the file here so we can check?

Message 7 of 15
ERWIN-S

Okay i will attach the. Thank you See the attach data

Message 8 of 15
ennujozlagam

here. thanks

Message 9 of 15
ERWIN-S

Hello, this method not work in concrete column? Please see the attach photo

25.PNG

Message 10 of 15
ennujozlagam

NO. you can create a customize column?

Message 11 of 15
ERWIN-S

I solved it i used Generic model then cut as geometry then i hide the element Generic model and it cut the Column

Message 12 of 15
ennujozlagam

good.....

Message 13 of 15
ToanDN

No need for custom family.  A small modification to your beam family and you can miter them easily.

ToanDN_1-1649270898791.png

ToanDN_0-1649270856613.png

Message 14 of 15
ToanDN

See screencast and revise Revit file.

Message 15 of 15
rprivittB3TTG

I am having problems with mitering two HSS tubes using the "Steel/Miter" tool in Revit 2022.

rprivittB3TTG_0-1675866731427.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators