Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combining elements with the same "dim length and width" in revit schedule??

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kcushmanXM5YV
510 Views, 4 Replies

combining elements with the same "dim length and width" in revit schedule??

Hello all,

We are trying to convert from precast CAD estimating to Revit.  I am creating a schedule of a drawing and need to combine elements with the same length and width in the project.  So for example, if I have two 8" walls with the same dimensions we need those to be labeled as a count of 3 instead of itemizing each one separately on the total count schedule.

This is needed due to having 500 pieces on a framing schedule and cutting down on length of report and export time in excel.

Snip is attached of issue.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: kcushmanXM5YV

Sort by those fields and untick Itemize every instance.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Yea I guess that is where I am stuck.  I need to itemize all of the elements that have different dim values but group the ones that have the same values.  Does revit have this capability?

thanks 

Message 4 of 5

Here is a snip to clarify what I mean.  For instance in the spandrel section the ones with the same values are grouped together with a count of 4 instead of listing them separately.

Message 5 of 5

Hah! A little slow with revit still. 😂 Yes that worked.  I added dim length and width to sort then unchecked itemized.  Thank you. Crisis averted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators