Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported /link DWG file not showing up in revit

62 REPLIES 62
SOLVED
Message 1 of 63
cesslinger
294997 Views, 62 Replies

Imported /link DWG file not showing up in revit

I have linked and imported a dwg file into my Revit MEP 2014 dwg. It is not showing up. I have checked my visibility graphics and my view range. I'm not sure what else I need to look at.

62 REPLIES 62
Message 41 of 63

One more tip, after trying most of the other ideas I found that when linking CAD into a view, as opposed to the model, it would not work if I was working on a sheet in an active view. I had to open the view properly and link the CAD there.

Message 42 of 63
Anonymous
in reply to: AJA14

That worked for me - I saw it in 3d but not in plan view - I moved it up 1'-0" and now it shows in plan view

Message 43 of 63
mammonta.c3DCHNV
in reply to: Anonymous

Moving 1 cm up worked for me! What a stupid thing 😐

Message 44 of 63

Thank you for this reply.

A million times, thank you!

Message 45 of 63
Anonymous

This worked for me! Thank you!!

Message 46 of 63
Anonymous
in reply to: MichaelWarwick7522

Thank you- this worked. 

Now, will Autodesk (a) fix this terrible bug, (b) gaslight us into thinking that there's some very sophisticated reasons why it works this way, or (c) completely ignore it and let this thread run for another decade without comment? 

Message 47 of 63
RobDraw

Sorry, nothing for Autodesk to do here. The feature works when it is used correctly.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 48 of 63
User_2011

I have the same problem. I see CAD file in 3D, I moved it up and I don't see it in 2d view. I inserted in 2D view with error "none of the elements ... bla bla" .So I need to dig...

Message 49 of 63
mlampard
in reply to: cesslinger

Hey guys, Import your linked CAD into a drafting view first. And then copy it over to the view you need it in. 

Message 50 of 63

@User_2011 wrote:

I have the same problem. I see CAD file in 3D, I moved it up and I don't see it in 2d view. I inserted in 2D view with error "none of the elements ... bla bla" .So I need to dig...

i'm having the same issue.  I inserted a cad file, in my plan view, and it worked as it should.  I inserted a second cad file (actually was a copy and edit of the first cad file - so both cad files are very similar).  And 2nd file does not show up in the plan view.  I can't figure out why i can't see the second file except in 3-d view, even repathing the first file to my second file, the second file still wont show up where the first did!.    I've checked worksets, they are both at the same "level". I've checked visibility.  I removed the file and tried to insert again.  .  i removed all view cubes, I'm at a loss. please share if you've been able to solve your issue.  (if you can remember)

Tags (2)
Message 51 of 63

I created a generic model (model in place) and added a model line to it just to show me where it was at. Closed the generic model. Then I copied the DWG import into the generic model and deleted the original import. This worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Message 52 of 63

Another possible cause is that the CAD link is in Background, so bits of it are hidden under the model. To solve this select the portion of the CAD link that you can see and go to Properties, Other, Draw Layer, and change to Foreground.

Message 53 of 63

Changing the link to "By Linked View" was the solution. Thanks. 

Message 54 of 63

CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS ISSUE IN MORE DETAIL I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS THIS. BUT I AM FACING THE SAME PROBLEM.

Message 55 of 63
shaharch90
in reply to: mlampard

MY MAN I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOU THANKS THIS WORKED AFTER 2 DAYS OF PAIN TO IMPORT MY CADS

Message 56 of 63
Robert_Di_Donato

check if when you import the dialog box that says "this view only" in uncheckd
Message 57 of 63
neharQBSJB
in reply to: cesslinger

Also, it is essential to start with a floor plan and not on a sheet.

I hope that helps

Message 58 of 63

Previously when I tried importing it got imported pretty well now I just can't find my cad file even after importing several times.

Message 59 of 63
iainsavage
in reply to: janhavipadhi31

If you can't see something it doesn't mean that its not there and re-importing several times will just create multiple instances.

iainsavage_0-1686128247034.png

Instead of importing multiple times, solve the visibility issue.

Are you able to upload your model?

Message 60 of 63
fabiosato
in reply to: janhavipadhi31

Hello,

Best to check in a 3D view.

DWG files with high values in elevation may be hard to find.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators