Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Wraps, Inserts, and Wall Layer Extension

Wall Wraps, Inserts, and Wall Layer Extension

Can we have wall wraps at End 1 & End 2 as Instance Parameters?

Can we have more flexibility for unlocking wall layers and extending them? It would be nice to be able to unlock any layer we want and extend them.

Sash Kazeminejad

Ideate, Inc.

11 Comments
Kimtaurus
Advisor

It would indeed be much better if you could unlock non adjacent layers. This is often necessary when both sides of the wall have a different finish or room function.

The parameters could then be named "Base Extension Distance Exterior" and "Base Extension Distance Interior" to differentate the location. Similar for the Top Extension Distance.

tonnyjun1
Enthusiast

I might not be understanding what instance parameters means and maybe I am posting the same thing as Sash stated but I think I would rather see the wall wrap as a right click option similar to join/unjoin the wall.  The wraps option should be separate from the wall types.  

johnharwood5
Enthusiast

Hey Sash,

I am using your workaround for wall wraps, which is good, but I have to adjust the height to match the wall. I would like to see the wraps more flexible, so that we can choose also to wrap as both but adjust where the join occurs.

rasmus.oberg
Enthusiast

It would be great to have a correct model, both for detailing and for materials scheduling. Right now I cheat with 2D lines when doing the detailing. It should also be available for floors: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/floor-and-roof-layes-strech/idi-p/6804497

mjmcdoDPLV5
Contributor

hard to believe this is still here on the wish list. voting shouldn't matter. voting is lazy. it's a test of someone searching and finding this item. product managers should view the wish list and understand which items should be incorporated into the software. it NEVER depends on voting. it ALWAYS depends on product managers understanding their software and the building process. Obviously, wall wraps should be an instance parameter by wall and by end. in fact, wish list are dumb. look at the forums and normalize the questions into a taxonomy then create solutions in the software so you can get rid of most of the forums. it's not genius, it's obvious.

CBroda
Contributor

Allow us to lock and unlock in the dialog box, not by having to try to aim your mouse at the ONE pixel that changes the lock to yellow.  Don't you trust us to just go to each layer in the list and check a box?!?  It is impossibly difficult to get that lock to unlock.

CBroda
Contributor

And DEFINITELY allow us to have different extension dimensions by layer.

tony.harwood
Enthusiast

I hate to make this comparison, but Autocad Architecture has this solved by how you can create wall end cap profiles and opening end cap profiles. I vote to have this incorporated into Revit. I was able to create every situation I needed for all my projects. It was great!

And yes,  I cannot believe Autodesk still hasn't given us anything else by now. I do like the 2022 updates though, thanks Autodesk!

darylQWW53
Observer

Hey @SashKaz ,

I tried doing your workaround and I only end up with the space and no wrap. Is there something I'm missing?Wrap.JPG 

wr.marshall
Advisor
lauren_poonRM962
Autodesk

Thanks for your submission and votes on this idea! The first part of the idea, to disable/enable wall end wrapping by instance, has been accepted. See the public roadmap card here!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report