Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Rotation on sheet

View Rotation on sheet

When placing a view on a title sheet it would be good to be able to rotate that view with a specific angle parameter rather than just 90° clockwise or 90° anticlockwise.

The option of rotating the crop region in the view itself then placing the view on the sheet is fine if you only have 1 view but with a project that has many copies of the same dependant view this is a particularly tedious operation.

18 Comments
diresub
Advocate

Currently the "Rotation on Sheet" type parameter only allows the Values "None", "90° Clockwise", and "90° Counterclockwise".  

For creating views like this

views.png,

however, a rotation of 180° has to be applied to the top view. It therefore would be nice to add 180° to the list of allowed values.

To easily create this kind of sheet, further some way to control the rotation of the annotations depending on the rotation of the view in the sheet would be helpful.

diresub
Advocate

[Responding to my own post]

Hi again...

...this multiview can actually be created without any rotation at all - when using the views as indicated in the image 🙂

But the availability of a rotation of 180° - as well as a better control of the annotation rotations - are probably good ideas anyway, so I leave the original posting.

Here what I got wrong:

I copied the image in the original posting from the internet - just looking at the images - but without double-checking the names of the views...

When trying to produce a similar multiview sheet in Revit I actually put the top view in the lower left position - and tried to reproduce the other views from there:

Using this method you would actually have to look upside down to the back of the model to create the upper left view (so a 180° rotation would be necessary to create this view from Revit's "back" view), and lying on your side facing the right side of the model to create the view on the lower right side (therefore an anticlockwise rotation of 90° was necessary to create this view).

When, however, using the top view to create the upper left image no rotation is necessary at all 🙂

To excuse myself:  I am computer scientist - and technical drawings are a new topic for me 🙂

Regards, Dietrich

diresub
Advocate

Here the prove of my comment:

multiview.png

diresub
Advocate

And, finally, this way there is no need to rotate the annotations at all:

multiview-with-annotations.png

muki.z
Enthusiast

sometimes,I need view rotated 180°,well now revit only allows this comand as 90°.also the tags.

I hope this could be solved. so that we could make the sheet layout better as w

Tags (2)
Yien_Chao
Advisor

if it's just for "sometimes", you could make a callout and rotate it as you like.

muki.z
Enthusiast

No,such as the situation below ,

first of all. the layout frame is already made like a rectangle.the character of frame is all set along the frame ,aside it.then if the building is a long thin one.I need to rotate floor view 90°so that it could match the layout frame.

Then I need to cut a  section view of this floor view somewhere and put it vertical to the floor view .that means ,to this layout frame,I need to rotate this section view 180°。

callout is still a detail floor view. can not acctually show the section part where I want it to be.

Could you please show me how to do it with callout.I dont really get it.Thank you.

Yien_Chao
Advisor

rotate.gif

muki.z
Enthusiast

my floor plan doesnt allow me to rotate.the command is grey,cant use is ,I dont know why.

and section view can be rotated for 180° ,but look the same as 0°。

Yien_Chao
Advisor

i did a rotation of the callout, not the plan.

muki.z
Enthusiast

I tried callout view.rotate 180° worked.but I noticed that the direction of  grid bubbles and level of floor didnt rotate as the view is.

can this be solved.I believe that you kno if this doesnt work as the view is .this still looks weird.

I need whole things in this view rotate the same.

but thank you for your advice!

sh_ejz
Explorer

it's so good that views rotate at any angle in sheets.

Tags (3)
kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Hi, @sh_ejz 

Here is a similar thread...View Rotation on sheet - Autodesk Community. Do you mind I combine yours with this one?

Thank you!

-Kimberly

sh_ejz
Explorer

Hi Kimberly

Yes sure no problem

Thanks for your attention

Thanks

Sh_ejz

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Thank you, @sh_ejz !

klarissat
Explorer

For my line of work, I need the viewports to rotate 180  degrees when its on a sheet, to help me demo the miter points in the appropriate way and have the DIM show right side up, and not rotate within the view.

Dear Revit Team,

In Switzerland, we have often buildings that have irregular floorplan shapes. For this reason, often we would like to have sheets with different views (Sections for example) added next to floorplans for reference of details, etc.

We would love to be able to rotate views in sheets at a free angle. At the moment only 90° (CW or CCW) is possible.

Please add this functionality that seems so easy to program, just allow the rotate command to work on the sheet environment and be applicable to the views themselves. An improvement to this would be the align tool also to work and be able to reference elements in other views within the same sheet.

Best regards

Tags (1)
wr.marshall
Advisor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report