Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Reference Leader

View Reference Leader

Why in the world can we not add leaders to View References?  Tags have Leaders,  Text Has Leaders.  When I add a view reference that says "See Detail 3/S4.2", it is just plain silly that I have to add a separate leader symbol to it.  It is a hassle on creation, and a headache when you have to adjust the position of the view reference (you have to move two things instead of one, and then go back and adjust where the leader symbol was pointing). 

Simply put - View Reference exists on the "Tag" tab of the "Annotate" Ribbon.  Look at everything else on that same tab - they all have leaders that come along for the ride - so why can't View References have leaders?

9 Comments
lionel.kai
Advisor

What do you mean? I think having to put in a separate empty Text element every time I place a View Reference is a great nostalgic throw-back to the AutoCAD days of creating separate leader and text elements! 😉

doni49
Mentor
rasmus.oberg
Enthusiast

View Reference Tags are great, of course we should be using smart references between views in the year 2019. Leaders would be a great and logical addition, sometimes we want to point at a specific section of a view, for example when we have typical details.

The workaround I've found is to create an empty Generic Annotation Family but that gives you to objects to move/delete/add.

lionel.kai
Advisor

@rasmus.oberg BTW, now (R2017+) it's even easier to use Text for the separate leaders, since you can just click outside (instead of having to type an invisible character). But also of note is that they messed up the upgrade, so that "invisible" characters (upgraded from previous versions) now show as a white box (instead of transparent). The new "empty Text with leaders" isn't a real fix for THIS feature request, of course, but you may find it an easier workaround than your custom Generic Annotation family?

TimothyBesser
Participant

It is now 2021 and no leaders on view references... still waiting... lol

keith2AWQ9
Explorer

I created a detail bubble graphic for this years ago but I still have to use a blank text to get a leader!! this is ridiculous !!! give me a way to point at something to reference the details without having to make a work around.  All the updates every year are great high leave stuff but its the little things that are driving me crazy!

curtisridenour
Collaborator

This should definitely be a thing.

aknight_sda
Explorer

2023.... Still waiting

sascari
Advocate

2023 - Why isn't this a thing yet?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report