Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Foundation Beam

Structural Foundation Beam

I would like to be able to place a beam using the foundation tool and therefore categorized as Structural Foundations instead of a structural framing member. This would be a similar concept to floors verses foundation slabs where the tool is similar but categorized differently. This would help scheduling greatly and remove the need to filter in/out ground/grade beams.

4 Comments
ipselute
Advisor

@Leo_Shand You can do it in a way: draw a wall and add a wall foundation. But it doesn't work for all cases. Because sometimes there might be no wall above that foundation and we need to use a fake wall just to add such foundation. Not the honest solution (the fake wall), but i use it sometimes, when needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think @ipselute totally misses the point we dont want a work around we just need more specific and relevant categories

ipselute
Advisor

@Anonymous I'm not missing the point, i'm just doing a "dishonest" trick exactly because we don't have an appropriate option for that situation.

Leo_Shand
Explorer

@ipselute Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, there are many workarounds. Getting rid of workarounds is the point of this forum, to flag up to Autodesk we need dedicated tools for things like this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report