Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stairs: Allow a flexible modelling and editing of stair base and top end connection profiles

Stairs: Allow a flexible modelling and editing of stair base and top end connection profiles

On behalf of the Revit User Group DACH, which represents hundreds of customers, we ask for more flexible stairs, especially the monolithic stairs in Revit which lack a way to model and edit the correct shape of the riser base and top end connection profiles to meet the required constructions.
With that higher flexibility it will also be possible to align the kink lines of two runs of a staircase what is also key for Architects.

Picture number 1 shows three ways of stair base end connections that are possible at the moment, but those are neither meeting standard requirements nor possible to build (too sharp or finishing floor not possible to build):

Picture number 2 shows examples of required correct stair bases (end connections) that are not possible to model with Revit stairs functionalities, those were modeled as in-place families.

p2.png

Picture number 3 shows a further example of a required stair end and top base including connection notch. The main focus here should be the requirement of aligned kink lines.

p3.png

10 Comments
markus.hiermer
Advocate

Here is Picture No 1 again, seems like it didnt merge correctly for some reason.

p1.png

p.stolze-lasch
Explorer

Das Thema Treppen ist so wichtig, kommt in jedem Vorhaben vor. Bitte dringend mit5 dem Thema weitermachen. DANKE

markus.hiermer
Advocate

Hi all supporters,

thanks for your votes! Seemingly there is a need for this functionality in different countries than only D-A-CH region, as i may assume from some of the usernames... May I invite you to drop a line from which country/region you are, so we can gather more information about this issue? This would be very interesting!

Thanks for your support!

Max

leonard
Contributor

This would be an improvement to the existing stair tool, although I advocate for a complete revamping of the stair tool so that it recognizes the mathematical relationships between stair runs and properly working handrails and guards. I still need to do stairs in Autocad Sections to get them built right.

elzohry2007
Collaborator

stair need alot to enhacement

markus.hiermer
Advocate

I agree with both of you, but as things are here and with Autodesk, we got to take it step by step (fits for stairs...), right? So lets focus and vote on this point and then proceed with other important improvements! I´m pretty sure the development team knows about the problems around the stairs and railings, all we need is to show the urge to give it the priority NOW! As it looks to me, we already got votes from people from different regions all around the world, which in my opinion is an very important fact! Probably, if we could push one topic high enough, Autodesk would work on several other known issues around the stairs aswell? The workarounds to get the connections right are really so CADish (making 2D lines/patterns) in various sections or unefficient and unBIMish (making a lot of in-place families). If i take my last project for example, we had 8 Staircases with 8 floors, so i end up with 8x8x2 = 128 runs modelled as in-place families (two runs for each stair in one floor). An insane ammount, only for this single task....

and one change anywhere is chaos everywhere! all staircasesall staircasescalloutcallout

So please VOTE and thanks for all contributors!

Max

leonard
Contributor

Agreed. I suspect if I could have the programmers in one room and show them the real geometry behind successful stair building, we'd have a simple stair family that would work every time with railings that attach correctly at every turn, without the gymnastics we currently endure.

steiner
Advocate

Dear All,

By far the most useable approach to prefabricated stairs treating with different support situations I've found in the blog of BIM PLAT: https://www.bim-plat.de/revit-treppe-fuer-lph5 

You can even download the families. Enjoy

2021-05-03 08_43_16-Blog bim-Plat.jpg

wr.marshall
Advisor

Please see following link too: Revit Foot/Toe below Base stair 

Thet-htar.zaw
Explorer

Thethtarzaw_0-1662532203258.png

I also would like to add this type of connection. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report