Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify Tag Insertion Point of a Family

Specify Tag Insertion Point of a Family

Currently, there are no ways, as far as I know, to control where a tag will be inserted when tagging an object. Revit will calculate the bounding box of the family and use the center of this bounding box to place the origin of the tag. This bounding box will include invisible graphics (eg. due to detail level) which creates unpredictable tag placements when building families with helper lines and similar features.

Please add a way to specify where the origin of a tag will be inserted. One way could be placing an object similar to the flip controls (but please make it snap for precise placement!) inside the family editor. If this object is not placed, use the default way of determining the insertion point.

6 Comments
dchampion_vader
Contributor

I had made a similar post about 2 years ago on a different and now deleted account. I did not get enough votes. I hope more people vote for this one. A simple node that could be placed inside the family to specify where a tag leader would come from would be a great and useful feature..

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@isak.regnstrom ,

I think this may be a somewhat similar Idea: Custom Insertion Point(s) for Leader Tag - Autodesk Community

Let me know if you would like us to combine them.

Thank you for your Idea submission!

Kimberly

isak.regnstrom
Explorer

@kimberly.fuhrman, feel free to combine them if it helps administrating the ideas as they are both related to tagging and documentation. They are not the same idea though, so implementing one of them doesn't mean you shouldn't implement the other.

Could I also add a request for better graphical control over certain annotation objects? It's difficult to change the appearance of (or completely hide) for example, section lines and leader lines.

Hoping to see all these features in a future version of Revit! 🙂

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Thank you, @isak.regnstrom ! Since they could potentially be implemented separately, I will keep them as separate Ideas. Thank you for your input!

Kimberly

PerryLackowski
Advocate

My workaround for this is to set the tag leader length then place the tags with leaders. When finished, select all the tags and disable the leaders. One simple (albeit limited) solution to this would be to allow you set an offset distance even when the leader option is disabled.

Mike.FORM
Advisor

I would like to see this implemented using The Ref planes in the family similar to how the Origin is defined.

MikeFORM_0-1718204050134.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators