Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Templates & Views modifications

View Templates & Views modifications

Please add a feature that would allow user to,

1. Select multiple View templates in the view template manager and be able to Edit the settings in multiple at the same time.

2. Same idea, Be able to select multiple view in the project browser. And be able to edit visibility graphics for multiple views at the same time.

This would be very useful for editing things after the fact that may have same filter or other in more than one view template.

4 Comments
ArthurDuguay
Enthusiast

I know we can add multiple filter to create a single template, however, in many case, I need a specific filter on specific views, and some other filter on some other specific views and at the end, it happen then few filter from the first template and few others from the second template would be awesome together in order to perform what I'm trying to achieve. Otherwise, just having a filter setup with how you want to see the way you want to see the filter (line type, fill region type, ect.) to be saved as a template itself, in order to avoid create a template for this situation itself.

nedward2H4HXT
Participant

This would be beneficial in order to compare view templates, especially when collaborating with other companies who have their own view templates that are shared to others. 

krzystoff
Advocate

I think this is a great idea, but I would add that the View Templates should have Phasing added, and include an option to switch ALL Revit Links ON/OFF as per all the other category tabs.

The View Template Manager and Assign View Template dialogues should be combined too, and the Graphic Display options (Model/Shadows/Lighting/Depth/Background/etc) should all be under one item, not broken into many different sub-dialogs which is cumbersome and confusing to users.

dchampion_vader
Contributor

@krzystoff 

I completely agree. Did not think about when I made post. My post came primarily from an issue I deal with on a regular basis. But absolutely all should and could be combined into one nice dialog..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators