Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show hidden fields in Schedules

Show hidden fields in Schedules

Show the hidden Fields in Schedules, maybe in a grey-tone or somehow visible that it is Hidden.

25 Comments
purvigirwin
Advocate

Yes! This way we wouldn't have to have both working and printing schedules. The hidden fields would appear in the view but once you've put it on a sheet, they wouldn't appear there, but still appear in the schedule view itself. Wish I could vote for this one more than once.

MidAlex
Explorer

This would make editing schedules a lot easier. Ideally, hidden columns would never show on sheets but we would have an option to toggle them on in the schedule view (halftoned for example).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Provide a formatting for fields to be hidden on sheets (but still viewable in the schedule view). Currently you can hide fields within schedules, but sometimes you want to be able to edit the hidden fields in the schedule view and not see them on the sheets. Current work around is to duplicate the schedule view for working and one for the sheet. 

Tags (3)
MidAlex
Explorer
Anonymous
Not applicable
My apologies, I did search but it wasn’t the first dozen. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love for this implementation to exist.  I edit hidden fields all the time and this would be a complete world-changer!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps the lightbulb (the one that reveals hidden elements in views) should be available in schedules?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tonyrosebro, that's a BRILLIANT idea! You should submit it separately (if it hasn't been submitted already). I would vote for it.

p003154c
Contributor

How about adding a visibility parameter for columns in schedule, 

It will make the work easy as we will not require to Hide column each time after some modification in schedule.

1. We require some column just for putting formulas & we don't want to see it in final sheet.

2. We need to unhide and hide column each time we want to make some correction.

3. So If can have a parameter for each column for visibility on sheet, like we have one for conditional formatting.

Thanks

samuelsanf
Advisor
Did you try in the Schedule Properties, in the formating Tab, select the field (column) you want to hide and check Hide Field?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/EN...
samuelsanf
Advisor
Ok, now I understand what you're meaning.

I usually duplicate the complex Schedules, one to place on sheet and one for working.
p003154c
Contributor

samuelsanf, I tried duplicating the schedule and working on it, but the problem is when I add a new parameter on working schedule , it don't appear on the one placed on sheet,

I was looking for an option where I can see the column in schedule always but it should not be visible when placed on sheet,

it will solve my problem of Hiding and Unhiding column again again.

Thanks

pieter4
Advisor

It'd be nice if we had a 'temporary reveal hidden columns' button (similar to the lightbulb in the plans). This would be a mode that we could toggle on/off.

jeanmarc.couffin
Advocate

one of these things ....@Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! I totally back this idea, came by this thread searching for a solution to the tiresome duplicate schedules previously mentioned. Temporary hide/reveal would be great!

bill_gilliss
Collaborator

I control the order of sheets and disciplines in the Sheet List schedule -- General, Civil, Structural, then Architectural -- by using a hidden Sheet Order column.

It's a pain, when going back into the schedule editor, to have to unhide the Sheet Order column each time, make the changes, then hide it again. I propose that hidden columns be visible in the schedule editor, perhaps color-coded to indicate that they are hidden on the plotted sheet.

Tags (2)

I always create to schedules for my sheet list, a working schedule that has all the parameters on and then a schedule that goes on the sheet.  They are read the same info, so no duplicate work needed.  I always edit the working one and just place the sheet one on the sheet as needed.  Having the ability to have a "non-printing" column would be awesome though, save on the number of schedules for things like this.

stanfordG8BUY
Contributor

@jamie_owens_Luminuat Having two schedules like a working schedule and duplicate schedule for the sheet is an okay work-around but it can be frustrating to manage especially with calculated and combined fields, and filters. I prefer to have a single schedule to manage. I would prefer an edit mode that shows all the fields and one that shows as it will actually display on sheet. Working with vertical text and other items is difficult to edit in the current edit mode.

pieter4
Advisor

There is an idea to make a toggle to turn hidden columns on/off in the schedule editor: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/show-hidden-fields-in-schedules/idi-p/6743022

consider adding your votes there

arulewich
Participant

Four years and nothing? Come on Autodesk, get on the ball already!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report