Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Links - add custom instance parameters

Revit Links - add custom instance parameters

It would be really useful to be able to add a custom parameter for instances of linked files. For example say

we have two house types linked in, repeated three times each across the site. We might want to add a parameter to state whether each instance of that link is handed or not, rather than having to add this in the instance name, where we may well simply name it by plot number.

It would also be handy to be able to directly schedule (and maybe tag) revit link instances...

6 Comments
tomek
Collaborator

Scheduling links has been possible for some time now. What would be really handy if links could be bound by level and then to be able to report links by level.

You can also add instance parameters to link instances via project parameters. Create a new parameter and associate it with the RVT Link category.

-t

leslief7UXJG
Explorer

In Revit 2020, anything we try to use as an Instance parameter assigned to Revit Links will not appear in the schedules. The data will show up in the instance properties for the linked model, but the schedule for the same parameter shows blank and will not filter. I've tried both a project parameter in the host model and a shared parameter in both the host and the linked model to no end.

Is this a bug in 2020, or have instance params for links never worked?

jason.burke
Explorer

it looks like this is still a bug in Revit 2021 as I'm having the same result, instance values appear in the properties pallet but not in the schedules.

danielvlnielsen
Explorer

@jason.burke Are you experiencing this in an area schedule?

Is so, then this might be the issue. Area schedules are uncoupled from both custom Instance and Type Parameters.

Try and create a simple RVT Link schedule and you will see the parameters appear along with its values.

I am not sure if this helps but it does aid in scheduling the values you have inputted.

Thank you,

jason.burke
Explorer

@danielvlnielsen its not an area schedule, I'm using either discipline specific ie mechanaical equipment or more preferable multicategory.  either way the instance parameters assigned to linked models do not show in schedules

danielvlnielsen
Explorer

@jason.burke Ah, well then we're at the mercy of Autodesk and the developers.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report