Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to Schedule Door Tags

Ability to Schedule Door Tags

It would be great to have the ability to schedule door tags along with the type information found in the tag family, along with the tag text. 

There are many projects where not all the doors are tagged and we only need to schedule the tagged doors. Or there are projects where the doors are in a linked model and we only want to schedule the tags in our model. 

Does anyone else find the need for this feature?

Thanks, Looking forward to hearing comments.

9 Comments
dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

Relying on whether the Door has a Tag or not seems pretty risky to me.

What if it's Tagged in a different View that you don't have open?

Better a add a parameter - something like "Appears in Schedule" - that you can filter on.

awasyliw
Advocate

Yeah, we use the parameter method, where each door (and window) has a shared parameter so we can filter a schedule. Tags just pick up information from the door anyway. What happens if you have tagged the door in two views? You'll end up with duplicates in your schedule - so can you only ever tag those doors in one view? 

Doesn't both er me if they add this feature, I just don't really see how it's that practical.

benjamin.watman
Explorer

As I mentioned in my opening comment the doors for most of our models lie in a linked model. (that we do not own) Therefore we can not edit the door details to add a shared parameter for scheduling.

@awasyliw and @dplumb_BWBR Do you know of a better way to schedule only a select number of doors when the doors are in a linked model. 

Thanks,

awasyliw
Advocate

"As I mentioned in my opening comment the doors for most of our models lie in a linked model. (that we do not own) Therefore we can not edit the door details to add a shared parameter for scheduling."

Apologies I hadn't realised you do not own the linked file. You didn't actually mention not owning the file, and that's the crucial bit of info for why the parameter method can't work. There's not a lot you can do if you don't have access to alter the linked file. The only alternative I can think of would be to create a 'detail item' to use as a tag instead of a proper door tag, and schedule those instead, but you'd have to manually fill in the door info.

I do think it's unusual to be scheduling somebody else's data.

benjamin.watman
Explorer

I understand that you can schedule shared parameters from a linked model. However I can not edit the linked model to add the necessary parameter.  

from the link @awasyliw provided:

"Note a family in the linked project that has the shared parameter you are hoping to schedule." - meaning you have to first open the linked file and add the project parameter - I cant do that. 

thanks, 

awasyliw
Advocate

Yes, I amended my post after seeing you had mentioned that. Sorry can't be of help.

benjamin.watman
Explorer

Thanks for you help, If you can give my original post a like that would be great!

Too bad I cant edit the original post to say: In a Linked model that we do not own - therefore can not be edited.

dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

If you really need to filter the Architect's doors, you'll have to work with them to add that parameter (and values)

I'm curious, though, why you would need to schedule SOME of their doors, but not all.

Wouldn't they have the same need? Why would you need to filter their doors, but they woudn't?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just add a name to the linked file in the parameters of the linked file. Then in your schedule, go to the fields tab and select "Include linked items". In the dropdown menu on the filter tab, where it says "Select available fields from:", select "RTV links". Then add the "RTV Link: Name" parameter. You can then filter out or in anything in the linked model based off that name alone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report