Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reveal overridden elements

Reveal overridden elements

I would like to see which elements are overriden (override graphics in view) in the view.

It could work like "reveal hidden elements" button just to check out which elements are "cheated".

10 Comments
lionel.kai
Advisor

having a "reset" button/option to UNoverride (permanently) all overridden and/or lineworked elements would sometimes be helpful, too

lionel.kai
Advisor
harlan_brumm
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for your submission and votes on this idea!  We are evaluating where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision. 

The Factory

SashKaz
Advocate

I voted and added to this idea as well. Reveal Hidden elements needs to go further:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/update-the-reveal-hidden-elements-feature/idi-p/6937613

Sash

ierace
Observer

Any progress on this linework 'reset button'?  

Also instead of a full reset, just adding a 'no override' to the line styles options in the 'Linework' function to undo on a case by case would be extremely helpful.  Far more helpful than seeing what was overriden, which is not very useful.  Not having an option to undo work seems so beta.

lionel.kai
Advisor

@ierace Use "<By Category>" to Linework back to default - or are you talking about something else?

Anonymous
Not applicable

and still, years later, N-O-T-H-I-N-G!

autodesk amazes me time and time again....and not in a good way 😕

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

In an effort to consolidate threads, we are updating this thread to Gathering Support. We are continuing to evaluate where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision. 

The Factory

dmaral
Enthusiast

After years still no improvement.. If you can't cope with that, you can do Revit Open-Source... There are many ambitious people to develop it.

amytWZBT5
Observer

Hello?  Revit peoples....Line Override clear all please?  Does anyone read these boards?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report