Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propagate Crop Extents or Match Crop From Another View

Propagate Crop Extents or Match Crop From Another View

The 7th most voted Revit Idea is Non-Rectangular Scope Boxes. Unfortunately it's marked as a 'Future Consideration' because of the complexity to implement. I can understand this, since scope boxes are three-dimensional.

However, I don't see why you can't implement the next-best thing: matching crops from view to view. I'm thinking of a function similar to Propagate Extents for grids, except use it for crops. If you have a crop set up for one view, why not be able to click it, click a Propagate button, and select all the views that you want the crop to apply to?

This should work for both the crop and the annotation crop.

This would be much faster than copying-pasting the crop boundary from crop sketch to crop sketch...

5 Comments
RevitJedi
Explorer

Where are we at with this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience with cropped views for every floor plan, is that it eventually breaks the model.  Then we had to revert back to scope boxes to fix this, especially with odd shaped buildings.   Given, we usually have 50 plus sheets per discipline and at least 3 models linked in, so I imagine it has something to do with being over loaded by the time we get to the end of the project.

I think they should definitely spend the time to figure the complexity of the custom shape scope boxes and if you can copy monitor them,  that would open up a whole other world of convenience.  

ENEVILLE
Participant

I am not quite sure I understand why it is so complex.  It is not like we are asking for it to be non-rectangular vertically just in plan view.  You have the ability to do it with plan regions and view cropping.  Someone needs to explain to me why it is so complex.

CTaylorCCE
Contributor

I can't imagine the fact it is a 3D object being an issue, since revit has the ability to create extrusions from irregular polygons.  Autodesk, please make this happen.

Eatoughls
Contributor

If we can copy a crop from a 2D view why can't we copy it for a 3D view. The needs are the same so please make this happen. It is very slow to go to each view and set it up. Please support this!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators