Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Browser Sprite/Icon for View Placed on Sheet

Project Browser Sprite/Icon for View Placed on Sheet

Of course you can filter the PB to show views placed or not placed on sheets... but a small sprite or icon (see below) that indicates views that have been placed on a sheet would be very expedient.

Placed Sheets.png

29 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

AS we know, it is not easy to check which sheet a view is placed in Project Browser. 

If Revit adds "Drawing Number where a view is placed" as prefix into a view name, it would be very helpful for a user to figure out which sheet included the view with the prefix.

For example.

If a plan is in A001. The plan's number in the sheet is "1"

Then, the plan view's name is in Project Browser is like below.

1/A001 - Floor Plan: LEVEL OO

This function can be an option within "Browser Organization". So, users can choose whether they apply this function or not.

daniel.vasilca
Participant

i fully support this idea, it will be of great use while actively working on a project.

@sasha.crotty  unarchive this and help in making Revit just a little bit better

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Re-opening this thread. I will also combine with this similar Idea: Project Browser Sprite/Icon for View Placed on Sheet - Autodesk Community

Kirby.Sonnenberg
Explorer

In addition to the model views, it would be helpful if the panel schedules also had a visual indicator in the browser when they are placed onto a sheet.

Panel schedules don't show up in view lists, so there is no way to filter a schedule to show whether the panel schedule is on a sheet without visually checking every sheet and keeping track manually.

Furthermore, the panel schedule name in the browser is not connected to the panel name parameter, so if re-naming of the panel name occurs the schedules can become somewhat disheveled.

Zwielehner
Advocate

Hi @Anonymous, @Kirby.Sonnenberg, @daniel.vasilca,

I think our Project Browser ++ might be what you are looking for. Among other things it adds little icons next to the views from which you can open the respective sheet.

Please give it a try and tell me what you think!

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=6453162978000981936&appLang=en&os=Win64

(disclaimer: I am the developer of this little tool and I am more than happy to improve it based on my users needs)

Kev_D
Collaborator

I placed an idea a few years ago about intorducing a warning for deleting views that are placed on a sheet. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/warning-for-deleting-view-which-is-on-a-sheet/idc-p/10665...

Hopefully Autodesk can combine it with this WIP feature which shows an icon beside views placed on a sheet.

https://trello.com/c/he5cDgH6

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our Revit Public Roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

We are pleased to say that this has been implemented in Revit 2023! Thank you for your contribution to improving Revit!

-The Factory

norbert_palumbo
Participant

Great idea!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report