Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Browser Organisation user-based

Project Browser Organisation user-based

Allow the Project Browser Organisation to be setup by user and not by file so that everyone can have their views showing according to their own preference and requirements for the ongoing task.

24 Comments
DCesko
Advocate

Good idea!

SeanSpence
Advocate

Yep! no brainer!

good idea.

ipselute
Advisor
It would be really great. You could filter the project work done by each user individually. Better than (simple) worksets.
dave.c.christy
Participant

We hate it that every sync resets the browser organization. We want to store the organization schemes in the project file and be shared with everyone, but syncing should not reset the active organization scheme or collapse/uncollapse the PB.

We often have users working on details and others on the plans at the same time. Both users will have opened the PB at different nodes. Right now, every syncs messes up their setup.

jagostinhoCT
Collaborator

@dave.c.christy that is exactly my point.

fully agree.

ipselute
Advisor
I vote for dave's idea too. Every user should be able to save his own config file, visually arranging stuff in the Project Browser by his own rules, bringing views, schedules of interest under a "work-in-progress" category.
Yien_Chao
Advisor

Ok there is something really annoying in the Revit experience : if one user open many views, set on one workset and have deployed all the view trees AND then sync to cental : why the next user inherited all those settings?

dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

You need to set a "Starting View" in your project (and your template)

It's under the Manage Tab, Manage Project panel

loboarch
Autodesk

Is there a Idea for the Idea station here?  Can I move this to the forums instead?

Yien_Chao
Advisor
Loboarch, if Revit enable interface by user, instead by last user sync, that would already solve many things.
DCesko
Advocate

@loboarch no please, this is a good idea.Autodesk must solve this..I mean this is piece of cake, it's not hard to implement..

jagostinhoCT
Collaborator

@loboarch, I think the idea is pretty clear. But please do let me know what are the specifics that need introducing still.

If it helps, Autodesk already sorted something similar with by introducing the "Unload for Me" feature for workshared RVT links.

loboarch
Autodesk

I think there is some confusion here.  My question was for another idea that was not clear. it was later clarified and then merged here. When ideas are merged the comment stream comes along with it, so it kind of looks like i am asking a question about this original idea. That is not the case. I understand the request on this idea.  Sorry about any confusion merging might have caused.

jagostinhoCT
Collaborator

oh, I see @loboarch

It is confusing, indeed.

Maybe we should post an idea for the Revit Ideas site: the posts should show the original idea where they have been posted initially so that if multiple ideas get merged we know who is commenting what.

🙂

pieter5
Advisor

I voted for this idea, but I only agree with part of it

- When a user changes his/her active organization scheme, I don't want that to affect other people when syncing

- But I do want the organization schemes themselves to be saved in the central file

So I don't want users to be able to make organization schemes that only they will see, but users should be able to freely swap their active scheme without affecting other users.

lionel.kai
Advisor

@pieter5 Yes. I don't think it's the OP's intent that there be "hidden" Browser Organization Schemes, but that WHICH scheme is chosen, AND what's expanded/collapsed, would be stored on a per-user basis.

The default (for users opening the project for the first time) could come from the last save (as it does now), or the first save (but might not be helpful since no sheets, etc.), or maybe from some customizable "default" (but that would probably just add unnecessary complexity). The main thing is that we'd want users to have their own preferences, but also have some capability for a company-standard "starting point".

pbdbdq
Contributor

great, this would reduce tension in internal project teams and allow users to swap organisation strategies to suit the task.

kamboj.sandeep4u
Community Visitor

Great idea.

luis.martinhoYAM2J
Community Visitor

Great idea! 

vegard.overas
Explorer

Still a very good idea. Frustrating to have to close all categories which I do not want do have open, every morning in big projects. Please fix!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report