Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi-line text and text with background mask

multi-line text and text with background mask

I would like a multi-line text menu identical to what is in autocad, including the options drop down and the symbols.

I know with Revit that within each text style I can choose opaque or transparent, but opaque only applies to the area of the text itself. I would like a background mask identical to what is in autocad that covers the entire area of the text box.

10 Comments
wr.marshall
Advisor

The ability to specify if the bordered/boxed area is opaque or transparent. Currently Text can be set to opaque but area between text and border is transparent.

Tags (3)
wr.marshall
Advisor

The ability to specify if the bordered/boxed area is opaque or transparent. Currently Text can be set to opaque but area between text and border is transparent.

Tags (3)
wr.marshall
Advisor

wr.marshall
Advisor

The ability to specify if the bordered/boxed area is opaque or transparent. Currently Text can be set to opaque but area between text and border is transparent. The should probably be an option too for extending the opaque option beyond the border outline to give border a little breathing room.

Boxed Note.JPG

Tags (3)
wr.marshall
Advisor

sorry for spamming. was having problems uploading idea. @kimberly.fuhrman please delete this post.

wr.marshall
Advisor

sorry for spamming. was having problems uploading idea. @kimberly.fuhrman please delete this post. hence duplicate wish

wr.marshall
Advisor

sorry for spamming. was having problems uploading idea. @kimberly.fuhrman please delete this post. hence duplicate idea/wish

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@wr.marshall , Thank you. I've notified the moderators.

wr.marshall
Advisor

regarding symbols you can find them when editing text as below screenshot. However this doesn't work if editing dimensions

symbols.png

As for opaque text, please see my idea here and vote for

Border/Boxed Text Opaque Option - Autodesk Community

apologies about the duplicate posts in this idea, I was having issues uploading it on the day

Please ask @kimberly.fuhrman  to combine your idea with the opaque idea I created as the same. 

And see this idea for multi line parameters

multi-line text parameter formatting options - Autodesk Community

MOR-ConorMacken
Enthusiast

In edit mode, the background runs out to the border (at least for the border offset I'm using) and it looks SOOOOO much better.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report