Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modular Revit

Modular Revit

Revit is huge. It loads gigabytes into RAM memory. Many tools for many professionals. Loaded anyway, no matter if you need it or not. Many menus for that matter. You buy lots of stuff with Revit, whether you need it or not. Just hogging the software.

Revit should be modular. Maybe like Allplan. A basic module (aka Revit LT) and many specialized modules (like the ones in Autocad: Civil 3D, Map 3D, MEP, Architecture, etc). Make an option to load modules on demand (either manually or automatically). I'm loading 4 (FOUR!!) menus of Graitec Powerpack for Revit, and i can't turn them off (neither manually, nor automatically).Then i got Naviate REX, BIM Tools, Sofistik Rebar Detailing, DiRoots extensions, every one with its dedicated menu. It's just too much.

I'm not an architect, i don't need Energy Analysis, nor MEP fixtures. Nor care much about it. I just wanna pay for the tools i use, not for useless stuff.

Revit backbone should be common (basic) standards and collaboration features (shared stuff, worksets, design options, real-time sync with Autodesk Cloud, etc).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report