Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Rebar with Linked File

Model Rebar with Linked File

It would be nice to be able to model rebar with another model linked in for the elements. Currently you can only model rebar with the native elements to host them. 

2 Comments
ipselute
Advisor

Rebars need hosing to concrete elements. I don't believe you can host rebars to external references (concrete elements from another file). To do such thing you should be able to parametrically link rebars to external host. Which i don't think it's possible. I don't know how you/revit can update rebars automatically when the external host is modified in any way. What if the external host (file) is moved or lost? Your rebars would became orphaned and multiple error messages will occur.

I find it safer to create 'concrete element + rebars' families and insert it in your project. Then copy+monitor concrete elements from architecture and replace them with your 'concrete element + rebars' families. The concrete properties should be the same (lengths, widths, etc), the only additional "property" should be the rebars.

JoeCharpentier
Participant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report